Cotton On Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cotton On Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.1

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

average, standard questions. Phone interview after I had applied online asking about customer service, why i wanted to work there, 'tell me a bit about yourself'. really helpful to prepare beforehand. maybe write down what your answers for these questions would be so you're not scrambling for answers (if you've never done this before and are likely to blank)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cotton On

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotton On (Brisbane (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

applied online
    emailed me 2 weeks later to go into the store for a 1:1 interview
    dressed casual for the interview
    manager took me to the food court and asked basic retail questions (why cotton on? what can you bring? etc)
    very relaxed interview

didn't get the job because when they needed me the most (end of nov-dec), I was going to be overseas

Interview Questions

I was going to be overseas when they needed me most

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

This is my second interview as i would really want to work at this shop. I can speak a lot of languages that i think it really helps a lot.

Interview Questions

• Are you patient enough for grumpy customers?   2 Answers

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through website by answering a few questions. Got alerted of interview online. I went to the interview with area manager. It was very informal and was less than 30 minutes long. Mostly talked about myself, why I like the brand etc. I think they look more at personality traits than past experience because I had no prior retail experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I interviewed at Cotton On (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

took way too long. two 3 hour group interviews. lots of people

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in June 2011.

Interview

Online application, sent an email confirming you for group interview, have group interview where they ask you questions/give you scenarios and what would you do, make you watch a video about their company 'values' then given phone call like a week later saying if you have the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was first offered a job at a location too far away so had to go for another group interview and then was offered a job at a location way closer so i accepted.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Long online questionnaire process, then group interview, then individual interview with similar, sometimes dumb questions.

Then waited a while for response, was then thrown into the position with no training. Was made to sign contract while barely having a chance to read it, never got a copy, use it against you.

Negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online, a couple of hours later i recieved a phone call asking whether i would like to attend an interview, obviously i accepted. Then a mini interview occured asking how many hours i could work, whether any holidays were booked in the near future. When i arrived the interview was a group interview where i was asked to 'sell' the person next to me after 5 minutes of talking to them. Also we were asked 'fun' questions like your celebrity crush. and then asked the basic interview question 'why you' all spoken infront of the group. a week later i was offered a posistion, after checking my references, which i acepted. i was then invited to a group phase where all the employed from the interviews were introduced to the company.