Cotton On Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cotton On Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cotton On (New York, NY).

Interview

For the Hiring process, it was a walk-in, I asked if they were hiring and they were actually having interviews the following week, in which I signed up for. The interview was 1 on 1 and was extremely laid back and I was 100% comfortable answering each question. Also, don't over dress, I came in wearing a ripped jeans jacket type long sleeved tee, white undershirt, and chino pants.
Overall, the job is great, I have the best co-workers who are extremely nice and helpful. They offer reasonable pay, and flexible times, it's a wonderful place to work at! The job is demanding as every sales associate has to work with each shipment, but when the day's done you feel like you accomplished something. Finally, the management is also great, there are many Manager(s), Assistant Manager(s), and Key Holders that all treat you with respect and answer every question you have.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Cotton On?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cotton On

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied to the Cotton On: Kids store online and was called in for an interview about a week later. It ended up being a group interview with about 5 other people. The person in charge of the interview asked a question and we were free to answer in no specific order. After some basic questions, we were asked to create an outfit and sell it to the interviewer. We were told we'd get a call back even if we didn't get the job but that never happened. It was a pretty relaxed process, overall.

Interview Questions

• What would do if your shift ended but there were still responsibilities to complete?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotton On (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the manager at the store, she briefly met with me outside of the store (within the mall). She asked basic interview questions to get to know more about me, what I knew about the store, and if I had retail experience (if I did, what were they). I was offered a position then on the spot after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. Manager was poorly unprofessional. Also was a group interview most of the people that were hired were over 18. Really sucks because i never got a call back. Went back to the store seeing all 18 year olds working.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Bloomington, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very chill interview, manager asked a few questions about my experience and personlity, as well as retail situations. It was a 1 on 1 interview, conducted on a private bench else ware in the mall. I connected with my interviewer very easily and many of the questions I found were wonderful gateways to the rest of my personality and style.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in the store, how would you greet them? After 5 minutes would you approach them again- what would you say?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

Group interview with one other person. Questions were easy and interviewer was very east to talk to. Overall an easy process, although the email to schedule an interview lagged behind the actual application, everything after the email was a breeze.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotton On in March 2016.

Interview

They sat me down outside the store and introduced themselves and talked a little about who they were and what position they hold. Then they started asking me general questions about retail and my work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• "What do you think you would bring to the company?"   1 Answer
    • "How would you handle a situation where a co-worker isn't doing their job"?   1 Answer
    • "What would you do if you aw someone stealing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said we would like to hire you as a Sales Associate and join our team!

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotton On (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview at the mall (this was before the store fits opened so it might be different now), sat at a table with 3 other potential candidates, was asked a variety of questions. It seemed a little less formal and the questions were mix of "traditional" interview questions and personality type questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

SUPER casual. Just sat outside the store on a bench inside the mall. It just felt like a normal conversation and I got hired on the spot.

Note: if you apply online, make sure to follow up with a phone call. They aren't constanty checking the online applications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

The interview was so laid back and conversational. I felt like the recruiter almost told us more about the company than I did about myself but overall it was really easy. A group interview of 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Why Cotton On?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay up to date on today's fashion trends.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations