Cotton & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cotton & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Cotton & Co.

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cotton & Co.

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co..

Interview

It was awkward and my interviewer was late and seemed uninterested. I never got a call or an email afterwards. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very organized and professional.
    Spoke with the HR staff, Accounting Manager, and Partner during the on-site interview.
    Feedback received in less than two weeks from the interview.
    I didn't get the job, which was disappointing but I have no bitter feelings towards the organization. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and considerate during the process. I've spoken with a few different CPA firms and often they are snobby. The staff at Cotton and Company are refreshinglying down to earth, and most importantly, professional.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. (Alexandria, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic Interview panel. 30 min senior manager interview and 30 min partner interview . Mostly behavioral question and lil bit of technical. Interviews took place in the companies office in alexandria near old town. It a small office but decent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Simple, They email and call on time and within reasonable time. They will not hold you without an interview and if you do well in the interview they try to get you to accept as soon as possible and get all paperwork done.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of stuff on why you would want to be part of cotton   1 Answer

Senior Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotton & Co..

Interview

interviewed with recruiter, manager, partner. pretty relaxed, everyone seemed nice. not too much technical. you have to screw it up to not get an offer..ironically many don't. don't know why. one thing is clear, they hire smart people. not necessarily hard workers.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Simple. Anyone who has done a interview in consulting will find it familiar. You meet with multiple people, and they provide you a answer within a few days. Cotton is super easy with their interviews, simply walk in a smile. Nothing hard or inspiring at all.

Supervisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. (Alexandria, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the website. Heard back from HR the same day. Discussed my background and scheduled an interview over the phone. Met with staffing partner and manager for first interview at the office a week later. Was very conversational and not much on technical background. The interview went well and the staffing partner was going to consider what project to put me on. Called back for a second interview a few weeks later with managing partner and another manager for same type of interview. Received and accepted the offer about a week later. Very quick and painless process. Cotton requires all employees to have or be able to acquire at least a Secret federal clearance so be prepared to submit a detailed background investigation form covering at least the last 7 years of your life.

Interview Questions

• i didn't receive any particularly difficult questions. Most were just about my resume and trying to sell Cotton to me.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. in September 2017.

Interview

I was able to interview over skype since I lived remotely. It was easy and comfortable for a job interview. The recruiter was very responsive. He responded to all emails and call very quickly. I was very confortlable with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and about the type of work I wanted to. Auditing vs Consulting.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotton & Co. in August 2008.

Interview

Traditional interview with a partner, manager, and HR Rep

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton & Co..

Interview

It was very relaxed and unstructured. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one. You're interviewed by mid-level management and then a partner. Everyone is down to earth: be yourself   Answer Question