CouchSurfing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at CouchSurfing

Trust and Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CouchSurfing (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a quick response from the Trust and Safety Team at Couchsurfing. I was asked to take a small test/survey before going into the office for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was casual and informative. One of the best interviews I've had. Everyone was down to earth and very open about the job and the company.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CouchSurfing (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

long and boring theoriques questions interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CouchSurfing (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A waste of time for me. Was asked for an informal lunch initially and met some of the team members. Had to take the day off that day.

Then, I was asked to come back for a more formal interview, again had to take time off from work. Then they say I'm not a good fit. If you are interviewing with them try to get them scheduled in a day or get them to do some real work exercise. Not the non sense questions I was asked.

Dude who was apparently the hiring manager had a sort of superiority complex. I was asked a bunch of non sense questions that didn't have much to do with the position I was interviewing for. One dude had a cheat sheet of questions to ask... what kind of good engineer uses a cheat sheet to ask interview questions ? Another engineer didn't ask a lot of technical questions and just talked about how he was drinking the company's kool-aid.

Some of the company reviews on this site say that they have fired a lot of people, and when they talked to me about it in my interview they said that it's because the got rid of several people who were not performing, it sounds like something fishy is cooking there (other than the free food that they have) Don't take their word for it...

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CouchSurfing in January 2017.

Interview

A complete waste of time. I screened with the recruiter and then was asked to interview with the CEO over the phone. The job description had changed several different times during the whole process, so it was no shock to me that my interview with the CEO was completely unstructured, unmotivated, and unfocused. I got the feeling as though he didn't know what questions to ask because he didn't know what role they were hiring for. So, in the end, it was a waste of my time and theirs.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CouchSurfing (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I truly care about CouchSurfing, both the idea and the community, and I wish them all the best! My experience, however, was horrible. I applied online and didn't hear back for about three weeks. I then sent an email to ask if my CV had made it or if anything went wrong. After two weeks, I received a sloppy email (written in all lower case) from the jobs@ email address that didn't contain the name of the sender. I replied to give feedback on this process (or lack thereof), the main points being long time I had to wait and the fact that nobody seemed to even care enough to send a personal reply.