Country Inns & Suites Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.2

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Dothan, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

He explained the duties and the expectations of the job. Told of how he encourages growth and moving up in the business and told stories of his past in the hotel business.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring Lake, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Spring Lake, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call after I applied a month prior to. When I went in I thought I was going in for a house keeping position, turns out it was for Front Desk Clerk. The interview was super easy and the Supervisor was super sweet. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. They asked basic interview questions. Mainly asked me to describe my past employment and how I could use it for the position. I walked out feeling pretty confident. Then 3 hours later I was offered the job right on the spot it was pretty awesome!

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would make a good fit for this position based off your experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was smooth. I would recommend if you see an ad online to apply for it AS well as go in and fill out an application. They will have you submit a survey that assess your personality traits. I came back a couple days later for an interview once the hiring manager was back in town. The whole process was quick, simple, and smooth. Everyone was professional and welcoming!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the hotel industry?   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Springs, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Camp Springs, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and brief, because I work with one of their current employees at another hotel (and have known him for years). My significant history in the hospitality industry proved my ability and commitment to the position and to the property.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They made a reasonable offer based on my experience, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Rosedale, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I emailed the manager to ask if they are hiring. He asked me to come in around 11 am a couple of days later to fill out an application. The application was easy to fill out. He then interviewed me. The interview took about 10 minutes. About 10 days went by, and I followed up on my application, and he invited me in for a 2nd interview. At this 2nd interview, he hired me. I started about a week later. The whole process took just over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working for Country Inn and Suites?   2 Answers

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview

I submitted my application in person and was given a time and date for the interview by the girl at the front desk, who turned out to be the trainer. I came in for my interview with the manager and after about 10-15 minutes she offered me the job and asked when I was available to start training.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Lewisville, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

General manager was and still is very friendly. Seemed excited to hire me but didn't give me via email the online forms to fill out until a couple weeks later.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was with the Assistant General Manager and Front Desk manager, they talked about what I would be doing and what pay and benefits I would get. Also talked about previous experience. They said the General Manager would like to meet with me but was out of town at the time so I did not meet him until later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous hotel night audit experience?   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippewa Falls, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Chippewa Falls, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

We sat down in the lobby and talked for a bit about my past experiences in the customer service industry, and how I felt about working at the front desk and doing laundry. She showed me around the Hotel and explained about the types of guests I could expect. She explained about how the loyalty rewards program worked, and different promotions that the rewards program hosted. All in all, the actual interview itself took 35 minuets.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working under pressure? (There are times when you'll have a group of 5 or more walk into the lobby, all needing to be checked in separately, and you're the only one working.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Harrisonburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Manager asked very basic interview questions that you would find on any basic interview prep site. We sat down one morning, face to face, and discussed what was on my resume and more about my skills and experiences. He seemed to find his questions online since they were very basic and very simple to answer. Overall, it was a fairly simple interview to complete. It took about thirty minutes total.