County of Kern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Isabella, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Kern (Lake Isabella, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very easy to under stand what they wanted for job seeking and easy to under stand how they wanted me to put it down so they can look for jobs around my living area

Interview Questions

• what kind of work am I seeking   1 Answer

Deputy Public Defender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

I received an email for the interview opportunity a few weeks after applying online. I chose the time of the interview online. The day of the interview, I reported to their offices. I was interviewed by a panel of three attorneys. They asked hypothetical questions and about my past experience. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.I received the panel's decision within two weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Ethics questions on sharing information with opposing counsel   Answer Question

Deputy District Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Kern.

Interview

The interview lasted about ten minutes. There were two interviewers who asked basic interview questions, just like an average job interview. They interviewed a large number of candidates but only had one available position.

Human Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview after a written test. The panel was pan faced and showed no human kindness of course. The questions were pertinant, but complex. I wish I had studied harder.

Department Aid for Beale Library Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Initially you apply with the County website. It takes months to hear back, 1 to 3 usually, at which point they had me do a group interview with 5 supervisors. They proceeded to ask me questions which would seem common sense but only if you have been in a library or read books usually.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Fiction and Non-Fiction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. It's minimum wage or nothing.

Veterans Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process began with a brief test of writing skills. I was given a scenario concerning a veteran seeking benefits and was instructed to summarize how I would interact with the client with a sample other letter communicating my plan of action. Interviewed by 3 representatives with questions ranging from personal beliefs to job relevant experiences.

Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very short and to the point. Asked what I could do and what I was willing to do. Rest of the time laughed and talked. Very Laid BACK. The interview was really quick, I received letters for interview prior to getting test scores back so that is sure to boost your confidence.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Sheriff Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the office supervisor and she asked me questions about my current job and previous employment. She explained to me the duties I would be responsible for and asked if I was ok working at the Coroner's Office.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

There were 3 interviewers. They asked various accounting and GAAP questions. They asked a couple of those "what would you do if" and "describe a time when".

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a customer in front of you and one on the phone. Who would you help?   Answer Question