County of Sacramento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

County of Sacramento Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

IT Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

You must apply online for the position you'd like to interview. A personnel analyst will screen your application to determine you meet the Minimum Qualifications (MQs). Afterward, you will receive a ranking. Ranks 1-3 are typically considered "reachable". Anything after that, depending on how large the list is, will mean that those first three ranks will have to be "cleared" before the next three ranks become available.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Imaging Specialist Level I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I tested for the Imaging Specialist position in early March. I was not expecting to get any interviews because I ranked at 4, and they can initially only hire from the top 3 ranks. However, a month later, I received an email inviting me to interview for a position. I was able to choose between multiple interview time slots that fell about two weeks out from the email being sent. On the day of the interview, I was extremely nervous but the two gentlemen that interviewed me were very casual and friendly. Unfortunately, I was up against 15 other applicants (I think that's what he said) for 1 position and I received an email of non-selection a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of what is my one positive quality I'd bring to the position.   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Lengthily supplemental essay questions, written test, oral interview, background check. There were lots of questions and three people on the interview panel. They had the questions sitting on the table so that you could refer back them during the interview which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

described the role each department has, and what I could contribute and who I would prefer working for and why. The hiring process was a bit different, they did not say I got the job but needed a drug test and once that came out negative, you fill the paperwork and begin

Food Services Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Sacramento.

Interview

It was a good experience. First apply on line then you will get an email indicating whether you qualify for the testing process. The test consists of written and oral exercises. You are then ranked If ranked 1-3 you then move on to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are situational to the job being performed   1 Answer

Human Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First, you must apply online. It is recommended you attach a resume. Positiins typically recieve hundreds of applicants. At this point, you will be reviewed by the Human Resources Department and if selected you move on to the next phase which is an exam. If you score in the top 10 percentile you're called in to a 4 panel interview. At that point you are selected to begin training and are on probation for 1 year. After that year, you are hired on as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have working with the public?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Can be long. Once you apply you are ranked, then tested. And if there is an opening available you have an interview otherwise you remain on a list until an opening is available

Para-Educator 1&2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview and completing a written exam. Top 3 scores go to a 3 panel interview. 10 questions usually regarding what would you do in this situation, etc...always recorded. Given a phone call if hired or a letter in the mail if not.

Interview Questions

• If you read over the description of the job position then you can answer the interview questions rather easily. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

1st Phone interview, over the next month there was an onsite test, then about a month later I had a group interview and about a month later one on one interview

Interview Questions

• Was I a CAT or DOG person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview went well. It started on time and the people conducting the interview were polite and professional. At first I was very nervus but they put me at ease fast. I was asked serveral questions one at a time. Some of the questions were hard and others easy. They got right back to me with the results.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was tegh boss why would I hire me   1 Answer