County of Sacramento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

County of Sacramento Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.9

Human Services Specialist Interview

Interview

You apply. Take the written exam get ranked and wait for them to email you or call you for a possible position. It takes time depending on your ranking. The lower the rank the quicker it'll be. If you're ranked 1-3 your likely to hear back from them soon.

Interview Questions

• How does your education or experience prepare you for the job?   Answer Question

Interview

Very easy interview. First a phone call , then in person. The in person part is with two people. They mainly ask questions on why you want the position and how you heard about the opening. They are just looking for motivated people who want to learn about investments.

Senior Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I had 10 people interview me.I thought that was too much. I apparently knew more about collections then they did. I had been a collector skip traver,fraud investgator,special assets officer,a d surp

IT Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

You must apply online for the position you'd like to interview. A personnel analyst will screen your application to determine you meet the Minimum Qualifications (MQs). Afterward, you will receive a ranking. Ranks 1-3 are typically considered "reachable". Anything after that, depending on how large the list is, will mean that those first three ranks will have to be "cleared" before the next three ranks become available.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Imaging Specialist Level I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I tested for the Imaging Specialist position in early March. I was not expecting to get any interviews because I ranked at 4, and they can initially only hire from the top 3 ranks. However, a month later, I received an email inviting me to interview for a position. I was able to choose between multiple interview time slots that fell about two weeks out from the email being sent. On the day of the interview, I was extremely nervous but the two gentlemen that interviewed me were very casual and friendly. Unfortunately, I was up against 15 other applicants (I think that's what he said) for 1 position and I received an email of non-selection a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of what is my one positive quality I'd bring to the position.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with three employees. They reviewed my resume and asked about courses I was taking in school and what I wanted to have a career in. Very friendly, and explained the department's main tasks. Recommend reading up on the section before the interview as well.

Interview Questions

• How does this position help you for the career you want to have?   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Lengthily supplemental essay questions, written test, oral interview, background check. There were lots of questions and three people on the interview panel. They had the questions sitting on the table so that you could refer back them during the interview which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

described the role each department has, and what I could contribute and who I would prefer working for and why. The hiring process was a bit different, they did not say I got the job but needed a drug test and once that came out negative, you fill the paperwork and begin

Food Services Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Sacramento.

Interview

It was a good experience. First apply on line then you will get an email indicating whether you qualify for the testing process. The test consists of written and oral exercises. You are then ranked If ranked 1-3 you then move on to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are situational to the job being performed   1 Answer

Human Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at County of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First, you must apply online. It is recommended you attach a resume. Positiins typically recieve hundreds of applicants. At this point, you will be reviewed by the Human Resources Department and if selected you move on to the next phase which is an exam. If you score in the top 10 percentile you're called in to a 4 panel interview. At that point you are selected to begin training and are on probation for 1 year. After that year, you are hired on as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have working with the public?   Answer Question