County of San Diego Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 72 of over 72 interviews

Recruiter2%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

County of San Diego

Application

I interviewed at County of San Diego

Interview

The interview itself took about 30 mins. You get interviewed by 2 people. They give you the list of questions they are going to ask you. It’s about 8 or 10 questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an irate customer?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

On line interview with hypothetical case and limited preparation time of 20 minutes. Other basic questions in panel format - highly scripted. Each panelist had questions and each asked in turn.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions bordering on the generic. Not likely to elicit much 'real' information about the employee as a hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

5 interviewers panel interview about 1 hr. Very intensive and organized interview via Microsoft teams. 5 panelists each ask about 3 questions, and some of them are obviously for internal candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What are the sources of funding that the department gets from?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Applied online and received notification about a month and a half later that I was put on a list given to the District Attorney’s Office. Received a call for an interview about a month after that. The interview was a two person panel interview, the panelists asked around seven questions. Received a call about two weeks later asking me to come in again for a second interview. It was also a two person panel interview with about five to six questions. Following that I waited about two weeks and received a call that I was being offered the position. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and it was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

The process took about 5 months. The interview was straight forward. The panel had assigned questions to ask and the interview took about 20 minutes. I did not receive an offer for three months after my interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Application with various questions/experience, interview appointment, and then Microsoft teams FaceTime interview. If selected, background check and medical screening. From interview to start date can take up to 6 months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

County of San Diego

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of San Diego

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four employees. I was asked about ten questions. Here are some of the questions I was asked: What makes you qualified for this job? What is a vector? How do you prioritize your projects?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

County of San Diego

Application

I interviewed at County of San Diego

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Interview Questions
  • what are your personal strengths

County of San Diego

Application

I interviewed at County of San Diego

Interview

The interview process was a Virtual interview sent via an email link; potentially zoom or a similar website. There were three interviewers. Dress professional, respect the interviewers and be yourself! It was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

County of San Diego

Application

I interviewed at County of San Diego

Interview

Before COVID, applicants were told to take an exam, and if they passed, they were given an interview. Two people conducted the interview. It was over in about 30 minutes, and then I waited about 2 weeks for results

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Interviews

County of San Diego Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at County of San Diego as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Human Services Specialist and Student Worker rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Analyst and Office Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at County of San Diego takes an average of 105 days when considering 75 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Student Worker had the quickest hiring process (on average 36 days), whereas Human Services Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 165 days).

Common stages of the interview process at County of San Diego according to 75 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 26.26%