County of San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at County of San Diego

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Recieved email that detailed what was needed. Unsure of the examination that was to be given but had extremely friendly staff. The panel was friendly and asked the standard questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Getting hired for this position is a long process. The listing opens up every fall. If you meet the minimum requirements you will be to take the civil service exam. The exam doesn't require any specific knowledge, but brushing up on basic statistics and analysis for business would be helpful.

For each open position the hiring manager is able to look at resumes for the top 10 test takers--given that there are hundreds who take the exam, it can take a long time to even get on the list. You wil know you are "reachable" on the list when you recieve an email saying that some specific office is hiring.

Interview Questions

• The questions were read, nothing unexpected. Know a little bit about the county just in case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by a junior file clerk when it was discovered that I had hearing loss when I called ahead of time to confirm my interview date. I had used an interpreter to call for me and they figured it out even though I mentioned I did not need an interpreter for in-person interviews. Ultimately they already decided they didn't want to bother interviewing me but to stay out of hot water they gave me an interview but I was interviewed by a low level file clerk instead of the regular management staff conducting interviews. The file clerk admitted she did not know why she was interviewing me because she was way below administrative analyst and told me she felt really bad to be in this position. I told her not to worry since it happens to disabled folks, we ended up having a good conversation instead of an interview since it was clear I wasn't getting the job.

Interview Questions

• First question was to explain my background before we stopped it and had a friendly conversation since it was clear I was not being interviewed and did not have a chance to get the job.   1 Answer

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Written test, then interview if test is passed. The written examination goes over a number of different skills related to the position. basic math is a requirement however, you can bring a calculator with you for the examination. Their is usually a lot of competition for the position so if you don't do well on the written examination then you wont be asked to come in for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of San Diego (Rancho San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Short and not very detailed. I had to test prior to getting interview, did not hear back for them.for 3 months and then they call and start asking for verifications and references and requesting a physical to be done...all the while still jo job offer.

HSS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Long process. Apply first then it may take months for HR to respond. You take a test then are put on an eligible list. Could be months later until you hear back that you got the job.

Interview Questions

• The test may be a bit tricky if you just barely finished school and no job experience.   Answer Question

HSS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Very simple questions. EX: Have you ever used and interpreter. Have you ever had to work with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation, have you ever had to interview someone, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation with the county your salary is what everyone is offered.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Long process but straight forward. Panel interview like all government jobs. Need to prepare to be graded so try to hit multiple points with responses to questions. All in all, felt the process was fair but can be intimidating.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a Skype interview over a 25 minute period. There were a series of questions. However the biggest issue was that the skype system kept dying. It was a bit stressful at first, but later funny.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handle representing people guilty of crimes.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of San Diego.

Interview

Ranked per your application answers, then one panel interview. Panel interviewers included HR, the hiring manager, and another employee in the group. Panel asked pre-written questions and wrote down my answers to be graded (typical of government interviews). Interview also included a computer assignment.