County of San Joaquin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Mental Health Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at County of San Joaquin (Stockton, CA).

Interview

I attended the first interview with three managers. The questions were typical discovery questions to test knowledge and gauge experience. All managers were respectful and pleasant to interact with. The interview took about 30 minutes.
    I was contacted the following week and was asked and accepted a second interview.
    I met with two managers who again were very pleasant. I felt like the meeting went well. Questions regarding my experience were asked during this time.
    I was told that I would be contacted early the following week; however, I received a call that afternoon offering me the position. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of San Joaquin.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process takes about 3 months or more sometime. There was no point to negotiate for salary.Because they pay very well and they offer good benefit packages.

Interview Questions

• Interview procedure is interesting. They give you al training what you require for job.   Answer Question

Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at County of San Joaquin (Stockton, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a panel of three that may or may not work for the department you are applying. You will also have to take an assessment test. Mine was three essay questions from an A+ certification quiz. You will be ranked and called in for a final interview if your a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• List and describe three ways to troubleshoot a network in cmd prompt.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If accepted you will receive an offer letter based on your skill experience. At this point you could counter offer if you feel you need more compensation.

General Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at County of San Joaquin (Stockton, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Scheduled online and upon early arrival I waited for a staff member to escort me in from the main lobby which was staffed by a general (multi department) receptionist. Once inside, we met with the current dentist and other staff member in a restricted windowless storage room. The dentist inquired about my background, where I was raised, commented that I may be overqualified (red flag), then we exchanged some personal/professional details. My impression was that he seemed moderately interested in my application and experience but no offer was made. Then as a group we went on a brief tour of the operatory area. After this the same staff member escorted me back to the lobby and briefed me simply saying that all applicants automatically receive an interview and a hiring decision will be made within a few weeks (second red flag). The pace and level of this less than one hour encounter was low key and general as their services are primarily extractions and palliative procedures for a confined population of adults.

Interview Questions

• Background and work experience   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The County conducts a test and a ranking list is generated based on the result. The test is about 1 1/2 hours and has basic questions regarding office procedures, etc. If ranked within the top 3 tiers, then you may be called for an interview from the hiring department. You remain on the list for one year. I was interviewed by two employees and was asked to go through a background investigation. The investigation took two or three months.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all actually very typical. The only thing I recall as being difficult was not knowing county terms. So, when that arose, I had to ask for clarification. Not a big deal, but not what you really want in an interview situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. With the County, everything is by a certain pre-determined procedure.

Shelter Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in French Camp, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of San Joaquin (French Camp, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Wanted someone with a lot of availability, and stressed that, even though it was for a part time job. Had to take a test to get the interview, and then completed a situational write up before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a coworker?   Answer Question