County of Santa Barbara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at County of Santa Barbara

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Maria, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel of at least 5 Managers and supervisors. they ask general questions and for examples of your answers. 1 person does most of the interview process, however each of them do ask you at least one questions. They ask you for 3 letters of recommendation that you hand to them at the time of the interview and they ask you about those individuals, how you know them, if you've worked for them, so on.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had a difficult situation where there was a positive outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you have worked in a team, what was your best and worst experience working within that team?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the Department of Social Services?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Deputy Public Defender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Submit application. Reference letters help. Called for interview and met with three attorneys. Talked about experience and philosophy. Several canned questions that were easy for experienced trial attorney. Will usually be an ethics question and another pertaining to how you would handle difficult client who insists on making bad decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when mentally ill client insists on a trial when the DA is making a generous off that will allow the client to be released.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for quicker promotions and raises as I was starting at a lower level than my previous position and experience called for. They accepted my conditions and I started two weeks later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Name a difficult situation that you handle well. Job experience. Can you work under pressure? Have you worked in the government work? They will call you for an afternoon interview. It looks well to be early. The interview itself is a standard interview, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name one example where you had to deal with a difficult client and what you did   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

-on site interview, then get asked questions
    -the questions include about the department you will be entering
    -remember to research about the actual department and some of the history behind it
    -you will be talking about how you can help the department
    -follow up with the employer
    -takes time because of slow communication
    -email constantly the employer because it might take time

Sheriff's Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Barbara in June 2009.

Interview

Typically what you would expect from a local law enforcement organization. Most study and prep guides will adequately prepare a candidate for the process.

Interview Questions

• There will be an interview question dealing with an ethical issue, most likely coupled with a political component. Consider this: you conduct a traffic stop and suspect that the driver is intoxicated. You eventually learn that the driver is the assistant chief of a nearby police department. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable with government service - however the compensation is fair and worthwhile.