County of Santa Clara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at County of Santa Clara

2.8

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online and I got a call for an interview ,was 3 people asking me questions they seem very nice and polite, I was very nervous too, got there early and just wait at the main lobby 15 minutes before my time I went downstairs where the interview was the whole process take 10 minutes .But I never got the call back for the job so I guess I didn't get it. :( not even an email . I got so sad and depressed I really believe I did well.

Interview Questions

• why you want work for us?
      what`s your strengths and weakness ?   Answer Question

Lcsw Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

How are you able to handle and prioritize your schedule to meet the agency standards and those of your clients, their families and expectations? How are you able to handle and prioritize your schedule to meet the agency standards and those of your clients, their families and expectations? How are you able to handle and prioritize your schedule to meet the agency standards and those of your clients, their families and expectations? How are you able to handle and prioritize your schedule to meet the agency standards and those of your clients, their families and expectations?

Interview Questions

• How to deal with coworkers who you may notice take some extra paper or office supplies home.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online in December 2017. Got an email to schedule written test. After passing written test, got phone interview. Then I was invited for in person interview. The interview was three people panel groupinterview for one hour. Questions were written on paper.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a String, Print selective data in a loop, sort an array.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara in May 2017.

Interview

This interview was for being part of the team that works on the CJIS system. First was the phone interview to get to know you and to learn more about the job. The next step is the in person behavioral and technical interview. I was dropped from the process before the technical portion and I don't know why. I believe I answered the phone questions ok and my score from the written test shows I have the knowledge for the technical interview. Their loss...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview basic questions nothing too complicated just make sure you are prepared and on time. Hard to move up, not a lot of growth. Promotions happen usually when someone retires

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online. the process an take 1-6 months. All civil service or public service interview /hiring is is governed by union rules, procedures. protocols.
    This """ interview from hell "" hiring from hell """'

All interview will have three people. All questions will be 1. written. 2. posted on table in front of panel.

Stay focus. A formal interview is NOT the time to about boyfriend/girlfriend. movies or sports.
    Stay focus /focus /focus on the subject and respond in short, concise and simple terms

Interview Questions

• What are you applying to this position. How do you keep up with technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Civil service jobs are governed by unions. written procedures. all people must go through same process. Must provide equal opportunity for all. written communication. written documentation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I found the interview very easy. I ended up getting a call back for a communications position for a certain department. . Make sure you independently email a specific department if you want a internship, otherwise your name will just sit in the intern applicant pool.

Interview Questions

• Just went through my resume, asked what I was looking for.   1 Answer

Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This is specific to Dept of Environmental Health

Left vm to set up in-person interview as per email instructions. About a month later I got a call to set date for an in-person interview

Upon arriving, took a 25 min 3 question written test. One analysis and two db questions.
    Question 1: takes 4 analysts and 2 engineers 3 days to complete a job. Takes 3 engineers 4 days to complete same job - how long does it take 4 analysts to complete the job? Answer should be 6
    Question 2: looking at 3 db tables with 1 table having indexes, write the select statement
    Question 3: what are 2 ways to remove redundant rows from the result?

Then went in to speak with few managers all at once where the questions are written out on paper

Interview Questions

• Describe experience with gis   Answer Question
    • Your process improvement process is not well received by a few attendees, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe the different types of database joins   Answer Question
    • What languages are you familiar with? Describe a pointer to an array to someone not familiar with programming   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. After passing the panel interview, continued to interview with technology managers and executives. There was some back and forth discussion about salary as job specifications overshadow salary. A background check was also performed.
    Note: The time interview for the entire interview process is very lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Santa Clara County IT (SCC IT)?   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Santa Clara (San Jose, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

1. Search job postings @ www.sccjobs.org
    2. Setup an account/profile
    3. Find job of interest and apply online
    4. If qualified (per HR review), you will receive an invitation to test/interview will, else, you will receive a thank you notice
    5. After test/interview, the top 7 candidates will be invited to a followup interview by the hiring department (could be several interviews)
    6. If you are one of the top 7 and are the selected candidate for the position you will receive a formal offer (likely a phone call too)
    7 if you are one of the top 7 and are NOT the selected candidate, your name will be left on the list of qualified candidates for the position for a period of time (typically 1 year). If a new opening becomes available and the list has not expired, you will be automatically invited for an interview with the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to dealing with employee discipline. Government employment regulations ( strong need for due diligence on part of management) are fairly rigid when dealing with employee discipline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SCC has pay schedules established. The subject job classification's salary starts at step 1 of 5...benefits are standard for everyone.