County of Sonoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at County of Sonoma

Sort:

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview for the position of clinical supervisor. Many of the questions were thoughtful and I felt that the interviewers were genuinely listening. However, a few questions that were asked were personal, and one illegal. This question was asked by a line staff member and the question was not called into question by the supervisor

Interview Questions

• What are your spiritual beliefs and how do you see them as impacting your job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Weighted average placing you as an assigned number based on experience, education ,current employee.Met with two department heads and went through a half hour interview discussing my background and behavioral questions.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Had to know someone to get through HR. Conversed directly with senir manager. Did not go through HR. Tried to get other positions through true process of HR and have been unsucessful. Screening is outdated and irrelevant to jobs.

Interview Questions

• No questions if you know someone- you bypass the screening   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary I was told before interview was not what was offered. I asked for more and got it.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applying for a job with the county can take a long time, depending on the job and how quickly the department wants to move. If you meet the minimum qualifications (for example, if they ask about your customer service experience on the application, explain specifically how you have customer service experience, even if you think it's obvious from your resume) you will be invited to take the test. If you place within a certain standing on the test you will be notified through email and kept on the list for current and future openings. Every time an opening for that position comes up, you will be notified and invited to interview. I went through two interviews and extensive background (because I work in Probation, a different department will have less background). Months after starting the process, I was hired!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Probation? What is your experience in a similar role? Is there anything you would like to add?   1 Answer

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of supervisor and lead worker. I got the questions before i was passed to speak to the pamel i was given like 15 min to get ready.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process. Don't apply, they just waste your time over and over. You have to jump through hoops and then finally they tell you no thanks. Please stop wasting hard working people's time, it is too valuable.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at County of Sonoma.

Interview

The hardest part was the assessment and invited for the interview. They give you a list of questions they are going to ask before you go into your actual interview.

Interview Questions

• A form with questions are given to you before your actual interview. They ask that you arrive 15 minutes early.   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at County of Sonoma.

Interview

The interview was very easy and stress free. We talked for about 10 min about my schooling and why I wanted to work for the county. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Deputy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at County of Sonoma (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Low key, explain who you can problem solve and communicate well to others. Three members on the interview panel who either ask situational questions or questions related to prior work experience and training. Ask for examples on how you prepared yourself for this position and how your are specifically qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond to a crisis situation and give us an example how you fully resolved it.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Sonoma.

Interview

Interviewing is done of a typical script, part of it where you have to give examples how you dealt with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.
    Kind of hard to come up with something like that on the spot.
    You are pretty much expected to have experience in the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions as they let you read them right before you go in for the interview.   Answer Question