County of Ventura, California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

County of Ventura, California Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2016

2.6

Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. Called in by interviewer and answered a list of questions about my past experiences. The interview was timed and did not take long. All questions were straight forward and easy enough to answer on the spot. After answering the questions, I thanked them for their time and left.

HS Benefits Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Ventura, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1) June 2015 Written Test; 2) July Test Results by email ; 3;) October 2015 Invitation by email to set up Interview; 4) November 2015 Interview. Panel of three Interviewers were Mellow, professional, & approachable.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were simple yet important. I do not remember the questions, except for one: Explain how you maintain customer confidentiality?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Ventura, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Week 1: Application period and deadline.
    Week 2: Announcement of invitation to appear for written exam (multiple choice, scantron), self-schedule online, first-come first-served basis.
    Week 3: Deadline to reserve spot for written exam.
    Week 4: Written exams, take place at main office.
    Week 5: Scores from exam sent out. Invitation to call and set appointment for interview also sent out this week, if applicable.
    Week 6: Interview. 3 person panel. Candidate is presented with predetermined questions, in the same sequence as they will be asked. Panelists take turns asking questions, all taking extensive notes on candidate's answers. Opportunity for interviewee to ask questions at the very end.
    Week 7: Conditional job offers made. Background check packet to be submitted by candidate.
    Week 8+: Background check results given to candidate (if option selected in packet). Physical and employee photo to be completed.
    Week 13: Anticipated start date.

Interview Questions

• Roughly: How did you maintain confidentiality in a challenging situation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No pay range for trainee position.

Human SErvices Agency Field Based CAse Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Ventura, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The panel consisted of two (2) Supervisors. They had my application in front of them and a list of standard questions they ask for every interviewee. They place the same sheet of questions across the table for an interviewee to glance (I guess, so that the interviewee will not wander off in their responses.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask general questions like "Tell me about yourself" rather, they asked specific questions with specific and detailed situations and how I would handle it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California.

Interview

After qualifying via multiple choice test. Communication for the

position was sent via e-mail where applicant would contact the

interviewer over the phone to set a date for interview. Interview

format was three person panel interview. Panel would individually

ask qualifying questions related towards experience and ask for

examples related to employment history where experience was

attained. Opportunity to ask questions about work culture,

environment, and responsibilities is given after panel questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how or share with us an experience where you successfully turned an unsatisfied individual into a satisfied individual.   Answer Question

Chid and Adolescent Psychiatrist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Ventura, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I went from watching my emails, to noting the job description in the location I wanted, contacting recruiter who told me hourly wage, to immediately uploading my cv, and talking with the chief of child psychiatry all in the same afternoon.
    Then interviewed 3 weeks later and got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. The salary I make is tops in the country and that is what it was initially from the posted salary. Benefits are not covered except malpractice.

Training and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Ventura, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application, which included my resume and a cover letter. I was called in to make a presentation on a specific topic, which they assigned ahead of time. After the presentation, I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people. I was invited back to a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager (who would have been my boss). This interview was a standard interview type. They went with the other candidate and were unable to provide me with specific feedback - other than that the first person was just better qualified.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at County of Ventura, California (Eugene, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

It was a month long process. I applied online, then got a phone interview, then was asked to take a personality test, then was brought in for an interview. The people were very nice but i just simply didn't qualify for what they were looking for.