Coupa Software Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

HR was quick to respond after initial resume submission and very helpful throughout the entire process. It took 3 total office interviews. If hired, there was a 2 week new hire boot camp, but I was informed that it would likely have best benefit for Sales folks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers heavily stressed questions regarding your interaction/collaboration with engineering teams regardless of the role you're applying for.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It was very haphazard, there was nothing for 3 weeks after the initial screening and then 2 interviews followed by total silence. The interviews itself were pretty straight forward and nice.

Interview Questions

• How many ERP implementations have you done which were 6 months or longer.   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2018 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review and I apologize for your negative experience. I want you to know that I’ve shared your note with the recruiting team and this issue will be discussed at our next team... More

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc in March 2014.

Interview

I got in contact with Coupa through a graduate school program. The first person I spoke with was very insightful and encouraged me to come out for a full interview onsite. I did so, but at the interview itself things were very disorganized. There office space is dismal. There are no offices or conference rooms so we spoke in the mini-kitchen. When I got to the site, the interviewer was late coming back from lunch so I had to wait 30 minutes. This was obviously not a gimmick. This was literally a lack of care for candidate's time. I came back for a second interview and was supposed to talk to 4 people., but only 2 people were available so the company had 2 junior engineers fill in to talk to me about PMO work. They apologized when they met me and said they had not reviewed my resume nor did they know what position I was hiring for. I would not recommend this company for any experienced individuals. There were a few senior people in the company who I really enjoyed meeting with, but overall tey just did not treat the process professionally.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc in April 2018.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter.

1s technical call from Engineer he is very nice.

2nd call with someone from India. Seriously I haven't communicated by recruiter about schedule. From India I got call around 11.30 PM., which I have no idea who the hell is calling at this time.

some set of interview, which they don't want to ask and some random questions.

Some manager were not able to communicate in English properly.

We have to follow up for updates always they don't provide anything.

Interview Questions

• Permutations of String

Producer / Multiple consumers implementations.

Stack Implementations

Count how many times words exists in file.

Some basics of testing.   Answer Question

May 25, 2018 – Vice President of Global Talent

Thank you for detailing your experience with one of our interview panels. I’m sorry that you had a poor experience in connecting with our team in India. As for recruiter follow through, I’ve passed... More

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter had an engineer reach out to me directly.
    The phone screen was good - I was asked to write some code and explain how it could be enhanced.
    I was then called for an on-site interview.
    I then had 4 interviews with 2 people in each interview. The first one was a coding a design exercise which I did quite well. Neither of the interviewers spoke much. I was quite baffled by their deathly silence. The second one was more of a design and architecture one and this too was good. The 3rd one was with a QA manager and the Director of Engg. At this point, I thought I would be offered lunch. But there was no food in the kitchen. All the director did was get me a couple of cereal bars. The 3rd interview was also a lot of architecture and general CI/CD stuff. The QA manager was busy with his laptop and barely asked a few questions.
    The 4th interview went downhill fast. The 2 engineers who came in didn't even smile much. Questions centered around TCP/IP layer 4 and other low-level stuff. I'll admit I was a bit taken aback by this and fluffed it. But the questions were really into system-level topics rather than application-level. It almost seemed to be a one-upmanship interview. The 2nd engineer was silent throughout this interview.
    Most interviewers emphasized that their primary language was Ruby even though the role I was interviewing for didn't need it.
    My 5th interview for the day didn't happen since the interviewer was out.

As another commenter here has noted - their office space is very drab. I have no clue what they did/are doing with the 150million+ in VC funding. It certainly isn't going into the office space. Their "lunch" desk is a long aluminum table right next to the working desks. And yes, a ping-pong table is right next to that lunch table. The kitchen had sandwich wrappers thrown all over the place. I was completely surprised that my 4.5 hour interview didn't include lunch.
    I am quite glad they didn't proceed with me to the last round.

Interview Questions

Coupa Software Inc Response

Feb 23, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review. At Coupa, we pride ourselves on our culture and giving every candidate that comes here a “blue carpet experience”, we’re sorry you clearly did not receive this treatment... More

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the CEO, founders, members of the board, and members of the management team. It was a detailed process as it should have been. I got to know each of the members of the team and their management style.

Interview Questions

• The typical interview questions that they ask of all sales leaders.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Phone screens and interviews at headquarters in San Mateo

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter from Coupa. Coupa Recruiter held brief phone conversation with me and then referred me to Hiring Manager. Recruiter arranged interview with hiring manager, we talked and then a debrief with the recruiter followed.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you sold to companies with $x Revenue? What would your manager tell me about you if we were to speak? Are you married? Where does your spouse work? Do you have children? How old are your children?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Coupa's interview process is disorganized, inconsiderate of the candidate's time, and they weren't upfront about their intentions of not wanting a remote engineer. Interviewing with Coupa used up 2 of my vacation days, required 12 hours of total driving, and was a colossal waste of my time and energy because they weren't clear on what they were looking for. Their Glassdoor rating was 4.1 when I started the interview process and it's now 3.9. If you read through the timeline below, it becomes clear why it's trending down very quickly.

Timeline:

Nov. 2nd, 2015:
    - I applied for the job Nov. 2nd, 2015 through Glassdoor.

Nov. 17th, 2015:
    - Had an initial phone call with the director and a screen share code challenge.
    - Discussed what is important to me, which is remote work so I can be with my family, since I do not live in bay area. I pointed out that I live about 3 hours away and I have a new baby at home so it wouldn't be a good fit if I'm not able to work remotely.
    - Everything went well so we scheduled an onsite interview.

Nov. 19th, 2015:
    - On site interview with 6 people at San Mateo office.
    - Interview questions ranged from basic Ruby on Rails to metaprogramming in Ruby, MySQL, and Javascript.

In follow-up to the interviews, they emailed to schedule a meeting with a VP.

Nov. 24th, 2015:
    - One hour on-site interview with the VP.
    - Keep in mind each trip involves a 6-hour road trip (3 hours each way).

Dec. 03, 2015:
    - Coupa says they want the developer to come into office every week for two days and rest remote. I say that I'm open to it.
    - Coupa says they'd like another interview with yet another manager. They say, it can be in person or over Skype. I elect to do a Skype video call due to the travel time.

Dec. 08, 2015:
    - Rejected because at this time, they are not looking for remote developers.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

The interviewer was less than enthusiastic. He seemed liked he was tired and over worked. I believe the company culture is a lie. I also think this company is not looking to invest in their future employees.

After talking to the recruiter about my skills, I was then transferred to the hiring manager who was less than appealing. He was very monotone and bland.

He asked about networking experience and other skills. I didn’t get the job even though they never even contacted me; even after I sent an email. However, I’m very happy it didn’t work out because I got hired at Atlassian a month after this less than desirable experience at Coupa.

Interview Questions

Coupa Software Inc Response

May 25, 2018 – Vice President of Global Talent

Thank you for your review and congratulations on the opportunity at Atlassian. At Coupa, we are continually improving our teams that interview. One of the ways we are doing this is by providing... More