Find jobs for Lead Software Engineer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Coupa Software Inc Lead Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 240 interviews

Interviews at Coupa Software Inc

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Coupa Software Inc

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc

Interview

After applying through there website, It directly started with an online coding test. HR has not reached out to me telling more details about the team and the position. It was a surprise for me, as I have not being asked for convenient timings about the test. Also the time lapse for the link was also very less, 3-4 days. Online Test 1: It was a medium level questions, mostly about the sorting, searching, binary search algorithms. If you have practiced leetcode , you shall be to solve it. Time duration is apt for the questions. Round 1: Round 1 was with the Director. This round is mostly about knowing your current skills, work experience, and what you are looking for, why you left previous companies etc. He mostly analyses you and see in which team/role you would be rightly fit. He talks about the Coupa, team, Tech Stack etc. It was a good discussion for me. Round 2: There were two interviewers in the panel, both seem rushing towards number of questions to be asked. They are not patient enough to listen to my solutions and understand them, instead they want to hear the solution that they know. Design round is meant for the discussion and the goal is to come up with a better solution, its not a debate where interviewee directly goes to the solution that you know. I felt the tone of the interviewers were very arrogant. They were always saying like "Do that..., Do this..., Stop that...,", instead they should have better worded with "Can you do that...., Can you do this...., ". I felt like they want to show some attitude. I want to let the interviewers know that, Interview process is a two way selection process. Its both the interviewers select the interviewees, and the interviewees select the company based on the attitude of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Normal Data Structure related problems
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

Coupa Software Inc

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc

Interview

First thing the interview process is really big and long one (it took 2.5 months) and I had total of 9 rounds of interview and each of the rounds are knockout rounds. After clearing all the technical interviews, at lead level you will have to meet many head of the engineering people for HM round to get selected into the company. The good part is all of the significant employees want to meet the new candidate and see how they perform. After 8 long rounds of interview with multiple panels, the last and final round of interview is with Head of Global engineering team where you speak with the person for 30 minutes. First of all I wasn't asked any valid questions and I had to indulge myself in understanding what does the interviewer would like to listen from me. After all the technical rounds and HM rounds I had the global head says NO without any specific reason. The process is like Global head doesn't care how you did in any of the previous HM rounds, it's like whenever his mood workout, he will say yes or no based on that 30 minutes where he didn't ask any valid questions. At the end of interview you kinda feel what or where did you do wrong, I mean I cleared 8 rounds of interview to get rejected for no justifiable reason does morally feel right and its really a bad experience.

Interview Questions
  • There are a lottttt of questions they asked, I don't even remember.
3 people found this interview helpful