Course Hero Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Course Hero Business Development Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview

Very straightforward. The interviewer wanted to make sure I was the right fit for the internship (Passionate, motivated, go-getter, problem-solver, personable, etc.) so a phone interview was had first. I was also sent questions in an email that had to be responded to. Based on the answers I received another email offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Course Hero

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied a month or two before I got a response. I was sent an email and had to answer some general questions. I was given a Skype interview and then sent an email with follow up questions before accepting the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple and very straightforward. There were several questions I had to answer to be considered for a phone interview. The interview was over the phone with the person who ended up being my supervisor. The questions were mainly behavioral and about campus involvement. There was follow up questions over email after the interview, including one that asked how you would get people to sign up and engage with Course Hero

Interview Questions

• What marketing event would you hold at your school to get a minimum number of 20 people to sign up?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview

-Applied easily online through the Course Hero website
    -Received an email to set up phone interview time pretty shortly after applying online
    -Phone interview was about 20 minutes...pretty casual (asked some questions about my major and school, and then a few more questions about my work ethic/connections on campus and what I can contribute...pretty standard questions.)
    -Was emailed a couple days later with the offer.
    (Note: Email communication was very clear and organized)

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero (State College, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

My friend recommended me for the internship, set up a phone interview after emailing my interviewer back and forth for a couple days, sent me info on the internship and course hero to get familiar with before the actual interview, short phone interview asking mostly about my personality and experience and how i plan to bring more members to course hero

Interview Questions

• How are you going to create a sense of community around Course Hero?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The Course Hero Business Development phone interview process took about thirty-five minutes. During the interview, we talked about the Course Hero and Knowledge Drive initiative, and campus involvement. I was also asked to plan an event to engage students to use Course Hero. Afterwards, they went over the details of the internship program.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Course Hero (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

I contacted the Student Manager for Course Hero at my university and expressed interest for the program. From there I sent her my resume which she forwarded on to the Campus Manager and I was scheduled for an interview with the Student Manager. The interview took about 20 minutes and I was asked about my experiences and what made me interested in the internship. I was able to ask her questions that I had about the program and get more information about the internship. After the interview I received an email with a question and had to send in my response. From there I was emailed by the Campus Manager about next steps to start the internship.

Interview Questions

• What marketing experience have you had on campus?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon was emailed asking a few generic questions about my networking and marketing skills. The second round was a phone interview of about 15 mins with my soon to be supervisor; again they asked about specific marketing techniques and behavioral questions. Finally there were two paragraph like questions that I had to answer via email before accepting my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Course Hero in August 2015.

Interview

Brief discussion about me, my interests and educational background. This was followed by various typical interview questions and a few questions on your understanding of the materials sent to you prior to the interview. Then the interviewer went more in depth into the positions details and asked a few questions based on this info, and then finished with time for me to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your past where you had to meet a quantitative goal
      Describe a time in any of your leadership positions where you had to overcome an obstacle
      Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Course Hero in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and the second day I got an email for a phone interview. Whoever contacts you is going to be your manager if accepted. Mine missed our first interview. She did not email me, instead I had to email her first. After our actual phone interview, she said I would get an email from her and I never did. I tried contacting her via email and got no response. In my opinion, very bad company and manager. She just seems so unprofessional.