Coursera Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coursera Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Coursera

2.0

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coursera.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and set up a phone screen. We talked about my experience and how I would help the team grow. The recruiter knew nothing about the role she was recruiting for. She could not answer even the most basic questions about the role, why they're hiring, what they're looking for, career progression within the team and the company -- only that, "we're just looking to scale the company!" Even so, she kept asking me if I had any more questions for her. At the end of the call, she asked whether I was actively looking to switch jobs (I'm not) and for my current compensation.

I sent a follow-up mail to ask about another role I'd seen on the website. A few days later, I got a vague message that I wouldn't be a match for the opportunities available today.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any more questions for me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coursera

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coursera in June 2014.

Interview

Found the position on the website. Recruiter got back to be quickly and we talked about my experience. Recruiter didn't really know much about the role, and didn't really answer my questions on growth within the company. It was hard to gauge what they were exactly looking for. A couple days later i got a email saying I wasn't a good match, with no indication why.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about past employment, goals, and why i wanted to work there. Nothing technical   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

Connected with a recruiter first who did a brief phone screen with standard interview questions (why this role, tell me about your past experience). Moved on to a phone screen with the hiring manager with additional standard interview questions (why this role / why this team / why this company, give a few examples of relevant work experience). Proceeded to an in-person interview panel with five 30-minute interviews, which ranged in topic level and difficulty. The interview questions were largely specific to the role, including giving past examples of relevant work/projects and doing a few thought exercises. I went back for a second round of in-person interviews with two higher-level people at the company; these questions were more general.

Heard back about the role and received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does this role fit into your career goals and aspirations?   Answer Question