Court Appointed Special Advocates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Court Appointed Special Advocates Interview Questions

Interviews at Court Appointed Special Advocates

2.3

Community Outreach Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates.

Interview

1) Send in resume and cover letter; 2) phone interview with search-firm consultant lasting 90 minutes; 3) Face time interview with search-firm consultant lasting 75 minutes; 4) fill out more detailed job application form and permission to search for personal information; 5) references were contacted; 6) still waiting for an in-person meeting with the non-profit's executive director and key staff

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that sets you apart from other candidates?   3 Answers

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Auburn, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very casual and they seemed eager to bring me on board. At the time the Director was very concerned about having a Hispanic case manager, she felt that the program needed it. There was a high number of children coming from second generation Mexican families. She wanted someone who understood the culture.

Interview Questions

• Why did I feel I was the best fit?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very detailed and optimistic and structured. Lots of questions and sharing of information. The interview was a pleasant experience , I learned about the agency and they got to know more about me. The overall experience of the interview was very positive. I felt that I would be a great fit. I also got a tour of the Agency. I was able to ask about benefits and perks of my employment. This interview has added to my practice experience of the interview process. Everyone should learn good interviewing skills. One way would be to schedule several interview. Practice makes perfect.

Interview Questions

• How are you with working independently   1 Answer

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (El Paso, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

1-2 weeks. Interviewed one on one with the coordinator. A background check was conducted and told if it came back clean, I got the job. Following that I had to conduct training for a week. At the end of the week, we went to the court house, observed some cases and then sworn in by the judge.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle the stress of seeing children abused?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates.

Interview

Phone interview, which was more a pre-screening, lasted about 15 minutes. Did not ask much about experience or skill. Most questions were basic, directed at past salary, why seeking new role, etc. Was told would hear back from them within 2 weeks on next steps. After one month, I followed up to learn they hired internally.

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Multiple interviews including two by phone, two in person. The final one was a panel interview with three executive leaders. After the third interview, a 90 day plan was requested.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect of the interview was the fourth and final. I wasn't prepared with information in advance about who would be there or that they expected me to give a presentation. We skyped with two executives in another city and the connection and set up was distracting.   2 Answers

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

The Executive Director called me about 3 days after I submitted my resume and cover letter on Indeed. We scheduled an interview for the following week.

I met with the Director and she was extremely nice. She was socially "conscious" and very open. I appreciated that. She was transparent throughout the interview. She also told me to email her the extra things I left out of my portfolio.

I emailed her the things I left out of my portfolio. She followed up with a thank you. However, I requested an update the following week and she didn't respond to my email. I felt like that was extremely unprofessional and disregarding.

Overall, I enjoyed the interview, though. I believe the organization practices what it preaches and that was the main reason I applied.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing that you dislike the most?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a public speaking experience you had.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked and received recognition?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work around people that were different from you. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was incredibly simple, there was a first interview with Staff and then a second follow up interview with Directors. Overall, it felt incredible engaging like a conversation and everyone made me feel comfortable.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed, I had a one on one in person interview with an employee, I then was called back to have a interview with a group panel that was completed a few days later. I also had to complete two background checks.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Court Appointed Special Advocates.

Interview

This volunteer powered organization has plenty of good points. The interview and acceptance for volunteers has a lengthy interview and background check. The purpose is to keep children safe. The interview by the group of social workers who work at CASA is pretty friendly and yet still kind of tense due to the nature of the questions asked. They often are trying to see if you are suited to that type of work because it is so sensitive.

Interview Questions

• Asking why someone would want to help a child in foster care seems like both the easiest and hardest for me because it is an emotional thing to think about children being removed from families due to abusive situations.   Answer Question