Covance Interview Questions in Harrogate, England | Glassdoor

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Histology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to the interview but they never got back to me whether I got the job or not. It said on the website within two weeks.
    I emailed to ask but someone in america emailed me back saying they were still interviewing and would get back to me soon.. They never did.

Laboratory Technician(Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Met two of the head of department, had an hour face to face interview, and then was shown round the lab. It was relaxed and helped lead with any questions that may have been difficult. The whole interview lasted about 1 3/4 hours. They asked some basic questions to assess your ability of basic Chemistry.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on animal testing?   1 Answer

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)).

Interview

i had a telephone interview beforehand which was quite structured in the way it was set out. They make a big thing out of using Behavioural Interviewing Techniques both in this telephone interview and later in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Covance?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

1 hour interview of targeted selection questions with 2 managers followed by a 20 minute presentation on a project I have previously managed and the challenges faced. The presentation audience was a group of other project managers. Questions were then asked after the presentation

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to priortise tasks over others and how did you deal with the affected people   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Application via website, uploaded CV and cover letter. Then 4 separate phone interviews using experience based questions (tell me about a situation where you did....)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years time   1 Answer

Study Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Two telephone interview followed by a panel interview with presentation.

The first telephone interview was carried out by a HR person and asked 'typical' phone interview questions.

The second telephone interview was between me and two heads of department. Technical questions were asked to understand the depth of my scientific knowledge.

The panel interview required a 20-30 min presentation followed by 10-15 min of questions. This was followed by three mini panel interviews where they focused both on my scientific and managerial knowledge. The questions were asked in the STAR format. The inetrview lasted four hours.

Interview Questions

• No question as such but they wanted to know a lot of technical detail. I didn't know the answers to some questions but they didn't mind, and in fact said I would get full training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. They offered me a salary and used the 'Covance compelling offer' i.e. a pension and discount card to make it sound better.

Cellular Pathology Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

First phone interview is short and not specific asking general questions why here your plans and salary expectations. Than intra department one with manager and one of the senior scientists. This one is definitely science based prep yourself in the subject of H&E and at least one of non standard staining techniques like PAS. Knowledge of full Histology process beginning with tissue selection, processing, wax embedding and staining will be your must if you want great first impression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have an experience directly in that field you will get higher salary when asked for.