Covance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Analytical Chemist I - NCFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to set up a brief phone screening interview. After passing that initial screening interview, the recruiter emailed me to set up an in-person interview with supervisors from 2 different teams who were hiring an individual for this same position. The interview lasted about two hours and mostly utilized the STAR method. I received an offer less than two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you needed information from someone else in order to proceed with a project, but you had difficulty getting that information. What action did you take?   Answer Question

Contract Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Telephone, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through one of the job boards and received an email from the HR Recruiter within a week. She asked for a few days & times for my availability for a telephone interview. There is no follow-up from HR letting you know if you've been selected or if they've decided to go with another candidate even though I asked if I would be notified either way. This company is rated 2.9 for good reason.

Interview Questions

• Do you belong to any animal rights group now or in the past?
      How do you feel about animal testing?   Answer Question

Contract Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from a recruiter a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was not rude, but not friendly either.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I arrived to find that the person I was scheduled to interview with was not available so two "Associates" conducted the interview. I arrived with the understanding that I was applying for the position I responded to. The reality was I was interviewed for a lessor position.

Interview Questions

• You are here to interview for the "Patient Advocate Associate" correct?   1 Answer

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Greenfield, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Starting with a phone interview from a recruiter, asks about animal testing or if you've ever been part of an animal rights group. Recruiter calls for in person interview if they feel you could be a good fit, interview with 2 people, I got a call for an offer the next day

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and a coworker weren't able to work as a team? How did you find a solution?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about animal testing   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Filled out an application on Covance's website. Received a call from HR around 3 weeks later asking me if I was still interested in the position and gave me starting pay. Scheduled phone interview for later that day. Phone interview consisted of a couple behavioral questions and going over my resume. Two days later, I received a call from another HR rep letting me know they wanted to schedule an on site interview. Interview was scheduled for the next day. I was interviewed by 2 members of management. As expected, it was the STAR format and consisted of maybe 8 or 9 questions. Interviewers were very friendly and made me feel less nervous. They asked me about why I left my last position and what made me apply for the job. I received a call the next afternoon offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a policy senior management enacted and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had requested more on my application but was told the starting pay for the position and it was not negotiable.

Patient Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Covance (Greenfield, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Informal, more like a conversation. Asked about work experiences and steps taken to overcome obstacles. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Asked to describe what makes me a good candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covance in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within one day to set up telephone screening interview. I don't know if the HR rep was having a bad day, or if something else was wrong but that screening interview was one of the worst conversations I have had in a while. After I made it through all the ethics questions about animal testing (which I have no problem with), she had me read my resume to her. I had already sent in my resume online, so not really sure why they needed me to read it to her, but this is where the interview went south. I just graduated college, so most of my experience is volunteer (same job as a paid paramedic, but just not paid). She refused to accept any of this experience, saying if I didn't have a W-2 from the company I didn't do the job, so I didn't meet the minimum required hours for the job. The next 5-10 minutes were spent with her accusing me of trying to mislead her and me trying to explain that I did indeed have the necessary experience. After it was clear I wasn't going to get the job I hung up the phone and emailed her and her manager to let them know I was less than impressed with her professionalism and lack of respect for applicants.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Second phone screen with potential colleague one level higher. Face to face with hiring manager. Accepted offer and 2 days before I started recruiter called to relay details of job slightly different now with more responsibility but not more pay. This was bait and switch.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

he interview was fairly professional, I knew I was over qualified the minute we walked around even without professional experience and being close to graduation. The work boils down to taking pharmacuetical compounds and mixing them into carrier solution. Something my Grandma with basic cooking experinece could master in a day.. Then when receiving an offer it was not only laughable but humiliating.. $14.50 an hour, I made that the summer before as a delivery man. I feel bad for anyone who would let a company take advantage of a college grad like that. I was offered 70k a year doing similar work later that week. The only positive was I asked for mileage and was reimbursememt for $257.

Associate Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Phone screen to interview set up was fairly quick (about a week in between). They bring you into the main building and your possible futute direct supervisor interviews you for the position. Was a bit hard to get a read on what type of person they wanted. Questions were typical "Tell me about a time where you... " type Questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where there was a disagreement in your lab?   Answer Question