Covance Clinical Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covance Clinical Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

First, I was contacted by HR and had a phone interview. After the HR phone interview, I was
     interviewed by three (3) Senior Clinical Project Managers who were all very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you were responsible for leading a change initiative that was viewed as undesirable by many team members.   1 Answer

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance in July 2015.

Interview

There was initially a phone screen with HR. This was followed by a hour-long interview with one of the hiring managers. A week later, I received an email that I was going to be interviewed by an additional three managers, and give a presentation on how the project manager can insure client satisfaction. Each of the interviews was an hour long, and the presentation was 30 min. This was all over the phone. Every interviewer will spend 30 min on behavioral questions...can be quite painful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince a stakeholder or leader to do something. What tactics did you use and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you didn't understand what a client wanted and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager - Early Clinical Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Princeton, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took approximately 9 weeks. Two weeks following online submission, an email was received to schedule a phone screen that took place a week later. No communication nor followup thereafter. About 3 weeks later a telephone interview was requested and completed. No communication nor followup for another 2 weeks. Then, a F2F interview in Princeton (on Covance) was requested and scheduled 2 weeks later! As exhausting and disconnected as the preliminary interviewing process was, I remained positive as I was enthusiastically interested in the position and Covance at the time. Little did I know things would only get worse from there..

A formal presentation was required for the interview which turned out to be a complete waste of time given how much time went into preparation. Five team members were expected to participate in the F2F interview - only 1 was present. Never mind the amount of time taken to work on the presentation (and the 4 wasted copies of the slides). I was instead asked to 'review' the slides during a group TC. The questions were general PM questions, nothing specific, situational, etc., which I found odd.

At this point, considering the representing project team members and the slow interview process, I was no longer interested in working for the company which I expressed to HR. To top everything off, my credit card was charged for the overnight hotel stay in Princeton - twice! The charge was reversed immediately following check out, only to be charged/reversed again 2 months later!

Clinical Trial Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial contact was a phone call to 'screen' me as an applicant. After the initial call, I received and email inviting me for a full phone interview. This email arrived about 5 business day after the screening call. The telephone interview lasted about an hour and a half. Two weeks later I was invited onsite for a panel-style interview. The interview onsite lasted about 4 hours. After the interview onsite I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that was out of regulation, how did you react and what was the final outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting salary, and my bonus increases after promotion to PM from APM as does my salary.