Covance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen that lasted 30mins, then interviewed with 2 other people over the phone using the STAR method. I haven't heard anything back but it has been 3 weeks since the 2nd interview, so assuming I did not get it. Another, HR lady did call asking me about another position, then while on the phone she realized I applied to the initial position, so I haven't heard anything back from her either.

Interview Questions

• how many years experience?
      If I turned something in that was not good in quality just to meet a timeline?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Lots of behavioral questions.
      Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied one day, got an email for a phone interview two days later - which was pretty prompt for response time. The phone interview was a few days later with the recruiter. I did find something to be a little odd. I got an automated email that I wasn't chosen for interview for the same position shortly before being contacted by the recruiter - glitch in the system perhaps?? I was told the phone interview would last 30 minutes, it ended up being closer to 40 minutes. The questions were very detailed based on my resume and very intensive for a preliminary phone screen. I did appreciate that my recruiter helped "coach" me through a few questions to boost my chances of being contacted. He let me know that they were currently on hold for reviewing the initial interviews but that I would hear something by the end of the month on whether I would be moving forward to the next interview. Still waiting to hear something overall, which is why I'm putting no offer for now. Will update once I hear something.

Interview Questions

• What is ECOG?
      What is an FDF?
      What is the most important thing about being a CRA?
      Can you travel?
      Are you part of an animal rights group?
      How many months/years of experience as a research coordinator?
      Answer Question

Research Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Princeton, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Worked through my resume and asked standard STAR based questions periodically throughout, generally confirming the contents of my resume and inputting information on their end based on my responses. Did not really know how it went as it was quite clinical, very much answer the specified question, there was no opportunity for actual conversation or for any questions to be asked from the interviewee

CRA I-MEA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covance in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter, requesting to schedule a phone interview. I was told the phone interview would take 30-45 minutes. On the day of the interview, the interviewer was late to the call and rush me through the questions. After three questions, I was asked if I had any oncology experience and I replied "no". And the interview was over. The call lasted 13 minutes. Totally unfair, job description did not list oncology as a referred experience. I would not recommends this company base on recruiter behavior.

Interview Questions

• What do I think about animal research? Do I have a valid driver license/passport? How far are you from the airport?   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was a phone screening first followed by a proficiency test online which if both were good, a face to face interview was granted. The interview took place at a hiring agency where the staff were very warming and made me feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• What would I describe as some of my best customer service practices   1 Answer

CRA MEA Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

recruiter screening with basic research questions, then 3 rounds of skype based interviews, each lasting an hour. Of course, I hear back from my recruiter that the company is now on a hiring freeze, so I am not sure what my overall outcome is...

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a PET and a CT scan   1 Answer

Associate IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone call with a guy who was my point of contact for the rest of the process, just verifying interest and giving a little more information about what they do as a company.

After that there was a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager which was a bit more in depth: how I would fit with the group, my personality, and how I handle myself in the interview.

After that went well, there was a set of 5 one hour interviews with various people on the project management team. This was behavioral interviewing, so mostly based off of my past experience and how I handled myself in various situations. The last hour was a review of how the previous four went with the individual that conducted the phone interview.

After the interview was closed on Wednesday I was told I would have their decision on Monday after a debrief of the other candidates. Monday came and went, the next Monday came and went, and I finally called my POC on Tuesday to see what was up. He said they had a candidate change interview times to the upcoming Thursday, and that they would have a decision next Tuesday​. This would be almost three weeks after the interview, which isn't a big deal. However, the fact that it was after they said it would be without reaching out to let me know he timetable changed was a little nerve-racking.

Tuesday came, and I received a phone call that evening saying that I did not get the job. My POC explained why, which I completely agreed with.

Overall the process was pretty good, with decent communication up until the result of the interview. Even then, it wasn't a big deal because I know how long these decisions can take.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with a supervisor, and how that was handled.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is good , It was both behaviour and technical.
    They Follow STAR Method :
    Situation
    Task
    Action
    Result

They would explain the process and expect you to answer in this format.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions and Technical . All behavioral questions related to work environment and my personal challenging situations.   Answer Question

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screened, interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. Started within one month. Very smooth and I was happy, as it allowed me to decline another offer I was reluctant to accept, but would have if I hadn't found another job.

Interview Questions

• Prioritizing responsibilities can be challenging. Tell me about a time you could have done a better job prioritizing.   1 Answer

Food Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in December 2016.

Interview

Got a phone screen email from HR. The interview was for 20 mins. The interview was more structured and no space for a conversation. Most Questions were behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What do you think about animal testing? Describe a situation? Strengths and weakness? How do you manage your schedule?   Answer Question