Covance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.8

CRF Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was really a good experience. First i had phone interview, which took almost half an hour, asked general questions,like education background , salary expectation,previous work experience, distance from home etc. 2nd round was f2f in dallas location. It was mainly behavioral based questions. was relaxed interview, they were very nice. Unfortunately i didnt get the job. they communicated all the information very well through their mails.

Associate Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview wasn't too long. The people interviewing were very nice, more relaxed than I anticipated. I made them laugh a few times, and they offered me a tour after the interview was finished.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with a challenge?   Answer Question

Medica Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Two rounds of in person interviews. Several people all day. Phone interviews as well. Really focused on previous experience and managing difficult situations. Used STAR type questions requiring examples of previous experience and how you deal with difficult situations.

SAS Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Selecting the "Right" Person. ... Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps.

Interview Questions

• When you are asked a hypothetical question, it's best to answer it with a ... Think about the last time you were thirsty, but couldn't get to the store to ... That's why McDonald advises expecting the unexpected in the interview.   1 Answer

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Recruited at the university career fair. Interviewed the next day, both through phone and in person. 2 interviewer, each was 30 minutes. Waited 3 months. They called and offered the job

QA Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Phone screen was very basic, just asking general questions from your online application. Then if they ask you to do an in person interview, they do not offer to get you a flight if you are out of town or reimburse you for your mileage - if you even *ask* if there is a possibility, HR just cancels your interview altogether and doesn't tell you unless you call to confirm your question, and you have to beg them to put you back on the calendar. The actually interviewers are nice enough, but clearly HR is a mess and to expect someone to shell out $1k for just a chance at a job is ridiculous. Then you wait 6-8 weeks, and every time you ask for an update they tell you "we will know by the end of the week," and never call. Finally when you do call for the 6th time, they say "oh yeah sorry we filled that position last week with someone else"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted first for a phone screen, it was about 15 minutes, and she asked questions like "How do you feel about animal testing?" Then after about a week, I got an email to set up 4 follow up interviews with different team members. Each one was about an hour over video call. They asked very standard questions and there were a few repeated questions among the 4 other interviews. They're looking for the standard STAR responses, so make sure you have a problem AND solution ready to discuss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a team member who was less than cooperative   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you recognized a process wasn't working or wasn't working to it's full potential and what you did about it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you encouraged a colleague to reach their maximum potential in the workplace   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you realized you had made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews before being rejected. The first interview was a phone interview where mostly typical HR questions were asked by an HR representative. The second interview was a phone interview conducted by two people who did clinical statistics work. This was a more typical job interview and I was only quizzed on a few technical concepts.

Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by recruiter, fairly simple and straightforward.
    Multiple phone interviews with the team before an on-site visit. Everything went great and I was well qualified to do the job but did not receive offer neither an explanation for why.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client does not listen to your recommendations?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview followed up with a 15-min short quiz. They have a 2-page interview sheets to fill out when they interviewed. It was mostly not focused on the direction a potential job was going to be.