Covance Interview Questions in Leeds, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.5

SAS Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

telephone interview - this was just some basic competency questions. They will ask about your CV, I did feel like the interviewer was checking to see if I was telling the truth about a gap in my CV.
    face 2 face
    SAS test - includes arrays, sas graph procedures.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experiences? Why this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer they suggested was a little low in comparison to other offers made to me (they offered 25k but i could get 28k ). Maybe worth negotiating.

Start-up Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview with the recruiter followed by a face-to-face interview with members of the team. However, I never received any feedback after the face-to-face. The minimum I expected was an e-mail to say I had been unsuccesful

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to solve a problem, but was unable to solve it. What steps did you try to resolve it?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long. 1. Initial 30 minute phone interview. 2. Another 45 minute interview with someone from the US. 3. 2 one hour face to face interviews on the same day and 10 minute presentation and 20 minute Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions such as; Describe a time when your boss went against your idea or opinion and how did you react and why? How do you manage conflict between you and your colleagues?, etc.   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First there were competency questions for about half an hour (these weren't scientists who took this part, they seemed a bit nervous somehow).
    Then the project manager came for 15 minutes to ask a few quite specific questions on the role. This was with a few scientists, the room was crowded by then.
    Then there was a tour for 10 minutes, it was all over quite quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked with someone difficult to handle.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

very good process and procedure, interview as expected, questions as expected, expected to be asked about previous employment and experience and sector knowledge and experience and i was. very clear process to follow and understand.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online, phone interview, group interview and then 2 sets of face to face interview

Interview Questions

• was made to sit a programming test which wasn't mentioned in the invitation email where we were informed lists of activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt have enough knowledege to negotiate

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview including short presentation from all candidates, 1 to 1 interview

Interview Questions

• Long term career goals presentation (seemed a big ask for a fairly junior role)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Takes 2 months in total, 3 interview stages, final interview is 3 women. One looking at paper, one asking you questions and one watching you. Unerving unsettling yet if you focus on the false easyiness they are trying to put you at it is ok. Just relax and listen to the questions. They questions are designed to see if you are 2 things. Obedient and willing. Thats all. Easy really.

Interview Questions

• Covance is a great place to work. What will you do to make the experience of working here even better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.