Covance Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

2.8

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GLP QA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very simple but the following onsite interview took three hours with four different people. They asked pretty much exclusively STAR behavioral questions. I would have several STAR answers prepared before the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something in a project went wrong and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview basically going over past education and experiences; no tricky questions, wanted to know about me and what my long term career goals were; company said they would follow-up in 7-10 days but never got any type of response

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in November 2016, did a phone interview in early January and an in-person interview at the end of January. Typical behavioral interview questions. I mostly sat in the same conference room all day but did get a lab tour. Overall, the day of the interview was what I expected and went well. I left interested in the job. Within a week I was called and the recruiter had expressed great interest in hiring me. I underwent a very thorough background check that took multiple weeks. After the background check (which they confirmed I passed), they gave me the runaround about needing to "approve the job with finance". For over a month they kept pushing back the meeting and never admittedly hired anyone for the position. They are clearly disorganized and should never have interviewed me without approval to fill the position. Clearly the LabCorp buyout has created some major disarray within this organization. Hiring is incredibly disorganized and there is a major lack of communication with applicants and within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes it is difficult to know what a customer wants. How do you go about prioritizing your customers’ needs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screened, interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. Started within one month. Very smooth and I was happy, as it allowed me to decline another offer I was reluctant to accept, but would have if I hadn't found another job.

Interview Questions

• Prioritizing responsibilities can be challenging. Tell me about a time you could have done a better job prioritizing.   1 Answer

Project Support Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a really quick phone interview with a recruiter from out of state, and then was contacted for an in-person interview. I met with three different people within the department separately, including the hiring manager. Interviewers read questions from a packet and wrote down my answers.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Began with an email asking to respond with my availability for a preliminary phone interview, they gave a window of time on my selected date. A hiring recruiter called and asked basic info, if I was okay with animal testing, one or two behavioral questions, what I wanted in the next 5 years, etc.

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

I applied for the position online as well as a view others. I just got phone screened for the position and they asked very basic questions. I think that they just want to figure out how interested you are in clinical research before giving you a phone interview and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a part of an animal rights group? What is your view on euthanasia?   Answer Question

Microbiology Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a 30 min phone interview, had phone interview (took considerably less than 30 min), was told I would be contacted in 7-10 days and to email if I had not heard anything. I didn't hear anything, but didn't follow up as I wasn't quite ready to settle for part time.

Despite the entry level designation there were a lot of "how many years of experience do you have with [lab technique]" questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle in a lab setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

It started off with a phone screening, and then I immediately scheduled an in-person interview in Madison, WI. I interviewed with two different people (separately). Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too farfetched. A few days later I was asked to submit my W2's and paystub along with a copy of my diploma. They said this would take 2-4 weeks, but it's been over 5 and they still haven't offered me anything. Anytime I email the recruiter to ask for an update on my background check, she promises to have an update for me the next day, but never follows through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you weren't able to finish a task on time.   Answer Question

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email requesting I schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and I was asked about my education background, work history, and research experience. I was also asked questions about working with animal models in research, whether I had any experience with animals, and whether I owned any pets. The interviewer was very nice and was typing out my responses as I was giving them.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with animal subjects in research?   Answer Question