Covance Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They use the STAR method, very generic questions. There wasn't a lot of room to provide your own explanation of why you would be a qualified candidate. You only had to work with the questions they provided and then try to work in your qualifications somehow.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time where you went against a recommendation made by a coworker. Tell them about the situation and what you did to obtain the best results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Covance (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a day. Set up a phone interview for a couple days later. Recruiter was late to the call but they emailed to let me know they were running late. Rapid fire questions during the phone interview with the recruiter. I am waiting to hear from the recruiter on next steps.

Interview Questions

• We use animals for testing, do you have a problem with that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was behavior based questions using the STAR method.First a phone screen with an HR representative and in-person interview with 2 separate managers.each interview lasted an average of an 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't get along with your boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Covance (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen Interview: extremely structured. No room for dialogue or any Qs on applicant's part. Person was reading off of a check list. They schedule for 20 minutes and ask several questions about your background (some which should be clear from resume such as educational background), how many years experience in field, do you have experience on different things listed on job description and how many years of it, your opinion on animal research. Nothing behavioral. I don't think the person doing the screening had a depth of understanding about the position of specific field. They asked me for a phone screen w/in a few hours of receiving my online application. Phone screen within a week. Took 25 mins. They said I would hear back within 10 days one way or another. Almost two months and I still haven't heard back.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter first calls for a screen interview. If you pass this stage, then the hiring manager has an interview. If they are still interested in you, the process will continue such that you will meet and speak to a panel.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary. Just want to know more about you based on what is listed on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter who was, relative to other clinical trials recruiters, knowledgeable of the industry (and industry jargon). The recruiter said two weeks, I waited three with no response, sent an email inquiry, and then got an email to continue with an on-site interview from another recruiter. The process to schedule the on-site interview and travel to the HQ in Princeton, NJ, was very smooth.
    During the on-site interview, I was scheduled to meet with three people--each successively more senior to the position I was interviewing for--and present on a topic of their choosing.
    On the day of, the most senior member of the interview team was out on PTO, so someone who was in the same type of position as I was interviewing for, stood in for her. The first two interviews (with a Senior Project Manager and Project Director) were very smooth, standard behavioral-based interview questions, and very conversational.
    The presentation, which I had assumed would be a formal presentation, was presented while seated and consisted of reviewing my PowerPoint slides with comments and discussion between myself and four other individuals--my three interviewers and a Project Manager in the Study Maintenance department.

Interview Questions

• What has been your proudest accomplishment at your current employer? What was satisfying and dissatisfying about this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Covance uses a behavioral assessment interview. The best way to prepare for this is to research these questions and prepare answers before hand. Also, be prepared to answer in the STAR format. S-Situation/Setting, T-task at hand, A-action taken, R- result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge, what was it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen by recruiter followed by on-site interviews. Met with 5 people who asked similar questions, seemed to be following a script with pre-defined questions, behavioral style interview. Asked for examples of everything I did, very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a troubled project you managed, and how you went about recovering.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Whole process took longer than it needed to. Interviews took a couple weeks to setup then a long wait with no feedback. Once the offer process started things moved quickly. Pay is in range of market, good benefits, so no issues there. Extensive background check and drug test added time before start date, typical for the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

The process was very unorganized. People weren't available so I was shuffled around to (what it seemed) whomever was available. They didn't have very good questions and seemed to be making them up as they went along. Not sure how you evaluate across several candidates with this approach. They didn't seem to know what they wanted in the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a project management scenario within the clinical space   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)).

Interview

1 hour interview of targeted selection questions with 2 managers followed by a 20 minute presentation on a project I have previously managed and the challenges faced. The presentation audience was a group of other project managers. Questions were then asked after the presentation

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to priortise tasks over others and how did you deal with the affected people   Answer Question