Covance Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covance Scientist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

I got a call from HR asking the routine questions followed by a 30 min phone interview with the director. They were both friendly and professional. Then I was invited to onsite interview. I started with meeting with the same manager, then a 45 min presentation, meeting with the group and 3-4 phone interviews with people in other locations. This was the hard part! The questions were not easy and there were tons of behavioral questions. I was confident that I will get an offer soon because of their positive feedback. They never got back to me despite my follow ups. 2 month later they said the position went on hold but if it re-opens, I would be the one who is going to get hired. 5 month later, they reached me out saying if I am still interested. I said "yes". The same unresponsiveness started over again for 5 weeks. Then they said because several months has gone by since the onsite interview, they would like to interview more people. Why did they contact me again then?!!! Very unprofessional...... Now I am happy that they did not make me an offer because when I look back, I realize that I really do not want to work for such a company and director. Also, I am glad I did not get that job because only few months later, I got 2 offers from 2 companies located in much nicer places and ~20% more salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the conflict that you have had with your boss. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Usually they interview at least couple of prospective employees. Interview is behavioral type. If you get an interview opportunity, better Google for behavioral type interview and prepare accordingly. It is always better to answer with real time experiences. People who take the interview are also specifically trained to pick the right candidate. So do not take interview easy.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2009.

Interview

Covance seemingly has a long drawn out hiring process. I'm not not if it is because of the number of applicants. The best chance to get past HR is to have a Covance employee referral. They are big on hiring from within (which is good) but also hiring employee referrals.