Covance Staff Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covance Staff Scientist Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a hiring manager via e-mail and then on the phone. The hiring manager phone call was very superficial - just ensuring that I met the basic job requirements and then identifying a staff member for a second interview.

Second interview with staff member started with job/company overview. Then proceeded to some standard behavioral questions, then I was able to ask questions about the position.

After this interview, they will decide to invite for in person or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had multiple deadlines and how did you meet them?   1 Answer

The job wasn't a good fit for my career goals.

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with someone from HR and it lasted for about an hour. This person was polite and friendly; however, she knew nothing about the actual position. The interview was very textbook. Questions asked included: job skills, weaknesses, strengths, why you want to leave your current position and salary requirements. Advice I'd offer to other canidates: have your resume in front of you because she'll ask a lot of questions about your job skills, and review basic interview questions, but don't waste your time with anything in depth.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First there were competency questions for about half an hour (these weren't scientists who took this part, they seemed a bit nervous somehow).
    Then the project manager came for 15 minutes to ask a few quite specific questions on the role. This was with a few scientists, the room was crowded by then.
    Then there was a tour for 10 minutes, it was all over quite quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked with someone difficult to handle.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring manager. Interview on site. Talk to two department managment people, seven scientific people, 1 human resource people. A lot behavior questions. 40 minutes presentation with several questions. The offer came one week after interview. No specifics.