Covance Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Covance Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Questions should be answered in S.T.A.R format, interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to, I made an effort to ask questions throughout the interview to create a conversation rather than an interview. The work staff are all friendly and happy to talk to you about their roles.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with an uncooperative colluege.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

phone interview, followed by a face to face interview the next day. The phone interview was to assess interests / knowledge regarding the company itself, and the interview in person involved behaioural questions

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company and its competitors
      are you a part of animal rights groups
      face to face interview was behavioural questions
      Answer Question

SAS Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

telephone interview - this was just some basic competency questions. They will ask about your CV, I did feel like the interviewer was checking to see if I was telling the truth about a gap in my CV.
    face 2 face
    SAS test - includes arrays, sas graph procedures.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experiences? Why this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer they suggested was a little low in comparison to other offers made to me (they offered 25k but i could get 28k ). Maybe worth negotiating.

CPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was straight forward and lasted about an hour. They were really nice and punctual. It felt more like an informal chat at times which helped to take away a lot of the pressure. Overall I felt welcomed and they treated me like they actually wanted me to be there.

GSS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a week later approx. 20min. A week after that another phone interview approx. 1 hour from the dept manager. A week later a face to face with the manager and a member of staff. Basic interview not really asking questions about my ability to do the role, or previous CRO Experience. It was more about what the role entailed. The manager repeated on 5 occasions that they were a young company. This was backed up by the member of staff also. I found this to be bad manners. Being a mature candidate I felt age discriminated. I wanted to say if I am too old then stop the interview and don't waste my time. I was interviewed for 2 hours, most of it was personal rambling from them. A lot of it not role related. I left knowing that not matter what I would not be offered the position. Two weeks later and email to say I had not got the jo, it had been offered to another candidate. There was nothing in the email to give feedback just a basic email.

Animal Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Once I had applied I first had a phone screening test done by Covance (They call from their main base, somewhere in America), I was asked numerous questions then given an interview date. A few days later I got another call and was asked all the same questions and then given another interview date. After that I received an email only to receive yet another interview date, which is the one I attended. I arrived at the gates and the person driving wasn't allowed in with me and I wasn't allowed my phone. I was shown around and then taken to a room to be interviewed, it was very casual and I only had to be asked a few questions before being sent on my way, I was told I'd hear back within 1-2weeks. Covance run a background check (which they've not yet finished), yet about a month after the interview I receive an interview saying they don't think the job role is suitable for me even though the background check isn't finished. For me, it was a waste of time and money, they could've informed me much sooner and I wish everyone more luck if they choose to apply.

Clinical Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

Telephone Interview:

Arranging a convenient time and date for the interview was pretty straight forward; I got a call roughly at the specified time (do remember to give some leeway just in case) from the interviewer who proceeded to ask questions referring to my application and the job role. Interviewer had a very polite and professional manner and asked typical questions about my qualifications, and how I meet the job requirements. One specific question related to the my opinion of animal testing as it is a scientific company after all. This was followed by a question asking whether I am involved with or was previously associated with animal rights/testing organisations/campaigns.
    If you have reservations about animal testing, in a scientific/medical environment, it is probably not worth while applying.
    The interview wasn't too bad however they said the would definitely get back to me regarding whether I was successful or not within the next 2 weeks. This did not happen and I assumed I did not pass the interview stage. I couldn't ring back and ask about the interview or my application as the call was coming from an international number. Otherwise, apart from the lack of response after the interview, the process itself was fairly decent.

Interview Questions

• Stance on animal testing.
      Any affiliation with organisations that may be against animal testing.
      Answer Question

Start-up Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview with the recruiter followed by a face-to-face interview with members of the team. However, I never received any feedback after the face-to-face. The minimum I expected was an e-mail to say I had been unsuccesful

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to solve a problem, but was unable to solve it. What steps did you try to resolve it?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician(Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Met two of the head of department, had an hour face to face interview, and then was shown round the lab. It was relaxed and helped lead with any questions that may have been difficult. The whole interview lasted about 1 3/4 hours. They asked some basic questions to assess your ability of basic Chemistry.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on animal testing?   1 Answer

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)).

Interview

i had a telephone interview beforehand which was quite structured in the way it was set out. They make a big thing out of using Behavioural Interviewing Techniques both in this telephone interview and later in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Covance?   1 Answer