Covance Interview Questions in Wisconsin | Glassdoor

Covance Interview Questions in Wisconsin

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screened, interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. Started within one month. Very smooth and I was happy, as it allowed me to decline another offer I was reluctant to accept, but would have if I hadn't found another job.

Interview Questions

• Prioritizing responsibilities can be challenging. Tell me about a time you could have done a better job prioritizing.   1 Answer

Project Support Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a really quick phone interview with a recruiter from out of state, and then was contacted for an in-person interview. I met with three different people within the department separately, including the hiring manager. Interviewers read questions from a packet and wrote down my answers.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Began with an email asking to respond with my availability for a preliminary phone interview, they gave a window of time on my selected date. A hiring recruiter called and asked basic info, if I was okay with animal testing, one or two behavioral questions, what I wanted in the next 5 years, etc.

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

I applied for the position online as well as a view others. I just got phone screened for the position and they asked very basic questions. I think that they just want to figure out how interested you are in clinical research before giving you a phone interview and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a part of an animal rights group? What is your view on euthanasia?   Answer Question

Microbiology Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a 30 min phone interview, had phone interview (took considerably less than 30 min), was told I would be contacted in 7-10 days and to email if I had not heard anything. I didn't hear anything, but didn't follow up as I wasn't quite ready to settle for part time.

Despite the entry level designation there were a lot of "how many years of experience do you have with [lab technique]" questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle in a lab setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

It started off with a phone screening, and then I immediately scheduled an in-person interview in Madison, WI. I interviewed with two different people (separately). Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too farfetched. A few days later I was asked to submit my W2's and paystub along with a copy of my diploma. They said this would take 2-4 weeks, but it's been over 5 and they still haven't offered me anything. Anytime I email the recruiter to ask for an update on my background check, she promises to have an update for me the next day, but never follows through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you weren't able to finish a task on time.   Answer Question

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email requesting I schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and I was asked about my education background, work history, and research experience. I was also asked questions about working with animal models in research, whether I had any experience with animals, and whether I owned any pets. The interviewer was very nice and was typing out my responses as I was giving them.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with animal subjects in research?   Answer Question

Study Technician - Animal Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I had both a phone and on site interview. Overall, Covance was very prompt and professional.
    The phone interview was mainly work/school history and my opinions on and willingness to preform animal testing.
    The on site interview was a group interview with 3 total interviewees and involved an overview presentation of the company and job, individual interviews and a tour of the facility and took about 2 hours for the whole process. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to very much enjoy the company and the work they do. It seemed that new positions open up often due to rapid expansion and internal movement of employees within the company. This interview was mainly "Behavioral Based" questions, "Think of a time when...".

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were met with a moral dilemma and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Short 15 min phone call about 5 days after I applied. It was some HR rep from Chicago and she asked very basic questions. She didn't know much about the job and couldn't answer my questions regarding salary. It was hard to hear her at times because of how soft spoken she was.

Interview Questions

• How I feel about animal testing, my experience with micro protocols (elisa, pcr, ect)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic STAR questions. I got a phone interview and then within 24hours I was contacted to set up a face to face interview the following week. Within 3 days of my face to face interview I was asked to consent to a background check. One week later I was asked to send in my diploma and W2's as well as sign another consent for background check. It has been just over 3 weeks and I have yet to hear back from anyone about an offer or rejection for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you affiliated with any animal rights groups?   1 Answer
    • In your experience, have you ever had an experience that would normally frustrate you? If so how did you handle the situation to create a positive outcome?   1 Answer