Covanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.2

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Covanta (York, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview. HR rep was nice and helpful. He described the job description in great detail and discussed salary range. He also discussed mobility within the company and company history

Interview Questions

• What is your minimum salary needed for the position   1 Answer

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covanta.

Interview

Went for an interview, took a tour of the plant. Interview with manager went well was offered the job, I said yes then interviewed with chief engineer offer was still on. Was to be scheduled for a physical after background check. Going on three weeks no call. I emailed and called no response. I have no idea whats going on.....

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Covanta.

Interview

TOOK 5 MIN, very unprofessional, seemed to be very laid back almost joke like people interrupting, HR woman who is there admin sectary thought she was a manager or something and was just someone who answers the phone. Called back quickly, followed by typical background check and drug test. Don't worry about background check they have felons working there that have shot people. Placed is filled with a lot of unprofessional unqualified employs and can see why due to there hiring process.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covanta.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted in about a week for a phone screen with HR. After which I was asked to come in for an interview and meet with 3-4 people. Covanta called day before the interview to reschedule. Not an issue except I had another interview that I had to postpone since I had that day reserved for Covanta. HR called me several times saying they needed to reschedule and due to trying to time 4 different employee's schedule it was tough. OK, I understand but I've scheduled meetings with multiple parties before it shouldn't be that difficult. A week later I send an email and get a reply "we're still trying". I gave up on Covanta and moved on. Three weeks later I get the form letter/email... "Sorry, but..." Very amateurish.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covanta (Morristown, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin - Got a phone interview about a week later. Then an in person interview, it was very short and to the point. More of a meeting to see who you are. A month later I was offered the job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covanta (Morristown, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

2 sets of group interviews, very nice panel and mixed group. This occurred on two separate days, i was able to rescheduled very easily without any issues for my second interview

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Covanta (Morristown, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application, contacted by HR - Phone interview - asked to come in two times on separate occasions to interview with different departments. Interviewed with HR, hiring manager, and team

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions - I did most of the talking   1 Answer

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Covanta (Lorton, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

brought in, told a little about the plant: system overviews, flow paths, etc. conducted interview was very straightforward and simple, felt like I had the job already and the interview was just a professional formality. Interviewer asked if I had any questions, Commenced plant tour.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without thinking about it.   Answer Question

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covanta (Morristown, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview since I was hired through a staffing agency nothing else was required. I went through 3 people for the phone interview to see which position I was a good fit for.

Interview Questions

• what was your prior experience with Corptax?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covanta (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. Set up a date and time a few days beforehand. Arrived at office for 1:1 interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Received an offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - 'name a challenge you overcame' 'tell me about your work habits'. Nothing out of the ordinary here.   Answer Question