Covenant Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covenant Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Stockton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone recruiter wasn't completely truthful. Seemed to just want to get CDL holders into orientation. My partner was sent home on day two because of a prior medical issue that could have been delt with ahead of time

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Over the phone with recruiter who was not exactly truthful. To be expected from trucking company recruiters so I was not surprised. He said I would get top pay, .56 per mile split, but they actually started me a lot less and it took a lot of phone calls to get it up to what it is now at .54 per mile split. They say they pay for experience, but I beg to differ. You still have to make phone calls to get the empty move pay and right now I have been trying to get paid on 196 empty miles I ran back in August and just getting the run around.

Interview Questions

• How long have you had your CDL?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Started the job through a temp agency who found my resume online. I had one interview at the agency, one at the company itself, and then they decide.Typical interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses, leader or follower, proactive or reactive etc... Just prepare, be firm in your answers and smile.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge will be working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

a very thorough phone interview that discussed my previous job experience, I was asked what my expectations were and what I would bring to the company. I was given the opportunity to explain my interests and what I expect from the company.

Interview Questions

• how many years had you been driving   1 Answer

Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat down & Spoke with Owner and department manager and we all felt like a good fit. It was a one on one interview essentially. They are a very Christian based company and believe that everyone deserves a chance at having an opportunity to meet their life goals. The entire staff and Upper Management are one big happy family and they exclude no one from their activities.

Interview Questions

• How well are you at contacting others' previous employers for verification? Are you comfortable sitting down one on one with potential new truck drivers to assist them with their new hire packet?   1 Answer

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

tri panel interview. Two of the three didn't know there was an interview and had to be pulled in. most of the questions were asked by the person who was the third tier supervisor. the direct supervisor seemed non engaged and dis-interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage multiple tasks simultaneously?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation.

Interview

I had help finding this career through my driving school. If not than you can contact them directly and be set up with a recruiter, they also can help you to get to Chattanooga, TN. My husband and I got a free Greyhound ticket from Atlanta,GA.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question but as soon as you get to Chattanooga you are asked to do a road test, so be ready to drive!!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

They hire through temp agencies so there's really not much to the interview process. I interviewed with the temp agency first then interviewed at Covenant the next day. While I was driving home from the interview they let me know I got the job. If you do well after 3 months they hire you on with benefits and better pay.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? Other situational questions and past work history questions.   Answer Question

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview is a panel interview with 3 VP's of the company. The director of human resources is very professional, but the VP's are a bit more laid back. That's not to say they are easy to impress, because they are all business and concerned with what will benefit their company.

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say that you need improvement on and what are you doing now to improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covenant Transportation (Ontario, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Went to school so job was part of training, Drove truck all over Country, too include Canada and New England. would Highly recommend this co. to any young driver. My experience what cut short due to injury
    and subsequently shortened my job duration. would recommend company to all interested in otr driving.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 10 years   1 Answer