Coventry Health Care IT Manager: Lifecycle Management and End User Desktop Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

IT Manager: Lifecycle Management and End User Desktop Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Had a total of six interviews with Coventry, all via phone.

I was initially contacted via email by their recruiter on the East Coast to setup an interview, standard job history questions, availability etc, 2nd interview was scheduled with the hiring manager via phone, went great, had great rapport and was told up front they would set me up with three additional interviews, two with peer managers and one with the Director of the department along with an interview with the recruiter once more.

All interviews were very scripted and it seemed to me like they couldn't deviate too much, the peer managers decided not to deviate too much and although the interviews went well, it did make it difficult to build rapport and left a bad taste in my mouth along with a lot of doubts regarding the job\company.

Interview with the Director went amazingly well, at this point I began to question why we hadn't met in person yet or been given a tour of the facilities since I was a finalist, I was told it would come later on and I expected for a job offer to be made.

Follow up was average at best and I did have to follow up a few times during the process for the next steps.

Decision came and they decided to go with an internal candidate which answered all the rest of my questions on why they didn't want to meet in person. They knew from the beginning who they were going to hire and were just going thru the motions, I felt like my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a certain type of situation, what did you do, how did the involved parties respond and would you change anything about it looking back?   Answer Question