Coventry Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Windows/Active Directory Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online on 4/15/13. Recieved an email that they went with another candidate. Someone called me to schedule a phone screen on 4/18. Phone screened on 4/19 and had to take an online Behaviorial Battery test. Scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager on 4/22 at 11am. They called on 4/22 at 9 am to re-schedule on 4/24 at 12pm. Hiring manager called in and asked a bunch of questions about my experience with software I have never used. Him and I came to the conclusion someone messed up and passed the wrong info on.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview and the hiring manager will directly talk to the candidate in the first round and when the manager approves, the HR will get in to behavourial questions.Good experienced Managers asking great analystical questions; Great panel leveling out the expectations from the cnadidates- Overall great interview panel; would highly reccomend

Interview Questions

Interview

They used the standard star procedure. Seemed to be looking for situation, actions, and the result. Pretty easy. Do your homework and read the job requirements and try to gear your response to mirror those.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Manager Community Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter within 3 days of submitting my resume. They set up a first phone interview with much urgency, scheduling within a week. It went well and they set up a second interview. That too went well, again with some urgency and a short time frame for a decision. After a final interview with a VP, I was told it was down to three candidates of which I was one. Weeks went by and the VP that interviewed me would not respond to my follow up calls or emails. Finally, after being told by her assistant that a decision would be made soon, my inquiries were forwarded on to the recruiter that originally contacted me. They informed me the position was offered to another applicant. The first Iinterview went well as did the second. However, the questions asked of me seemed too general at times and did not explore my qualifications for the position as thoroughly as I would have expected considering my extensive experience in directing similar iniatives on a regional and national scale.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview

Standard process - HR screen, Phone screen, phone with multiple VPs, formal in person hiring VP with presentation, informal person in multiple managers and PMs (6 or 7)

Interview Questions

• None all very standard. Simple script provided by HR. Might have avoided these questions by having WOW presentation in which I sold VP on my ROI.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None take it or leave it. Offer was reasonable.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Burlington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had an initial HR screening, then a very detailed personality assesment online test, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview at their Burlington, MA premises. Interviewed for about an hour initially with the hiring manager again, then had a panel interview with 3 other peers and slightly senior people.

Interview Questions

• Not a very technical interview; more about how I would handle inter-departmental conflict and issues around getting my work done. A lot of questions were around 'what if' business scenarios. Some SQL questions, but most other questions were very generic.   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone. If you were successful with the phone interview, a face-to-face interview was scheduled. You meet with 2-3 people depending on the availability of the interviewing team. The background check and drug test results take 7-10 days.

Interview Questions

• Why you were interested in the position was an initial question. Interviewer was very detailed in exploring the experience I would bring to the company. Inquired about my knowledge of the company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Intern from college and hired on

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not traditional

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The overall process from the initial contact to the face-to-face interview was 2 months. There was a phone screen with very general questions but had some good input regarding the team structure and the specific area where they wanted to hire someone. The HR contact was very good, keeping touch as needed during the process.

The face-interview was scheduled at a strange time (5:00 PM), and of the 3 people that I was supposed to talk to only 1 was available (the phone screen and a person whose name was new to me and greeted me with a frown when I shook his hand). The new person asked all of the questions, including many non-sequitors like "are you saying you were a salesman in your previous role" as a senior project manager and commented "I guess you had a long Christmas break" when talking about the month of December after I left my previous job at the end of November. At that point I knew this person had another candidate in mind and were just going through the motions to avoid any good responses.

Interview Questions

• From a budget perspective did you manage hours or dollars?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Several weeks later was contacted by an IT recruiter. It was a phone screening. Few days later I was asked to take a behavioral test online. After that I was set up with an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day the hiring manager called me and first explained what the expectations were for the candidate then asked me to explain how I fit the position. I was also asked questions like "tell me about a situation when you had to deal with an unexpected situation with a project and user and how you overcame it”. After the interview I haven’t heard anything. I called the recruiter and sent emails multiple times but didn't receive any response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. I wasn't expecting a complete silence after the interview process.   1 Answer