Coventry Health Care Interview Questions in Scottsdale, AZ | Glassdoor

Coventry Health Care Interview Questions in Scottsdale, AZ

2.6

Senior Windows/Active Directory Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online on 4/15/13. Recieved an email that they went with another candidate. Someone called me to schedule a phone screen on 4/18. Phone screened on 4/19 and had to take an online Behaviorial Battery test. Scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager on 4/22 at 11am. They called on 4/22 at 9 am to re-schedule on 4/24 at 12pm. Hiring manager called in and asked a bunch of questions about my experience with software I have never used. Him and I came to the conclusion someone messed up and passed the wrong info on.

Senior HelpDesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

First was a phone screening with Eva verifying the info on my Resume. Took about 30 minutes. Evidently she liked my experience and work history because she then asked me if I could take a "Career Battery" online. Of course, I said yes. They want you to take it within 3 days.

The Career Battery takes 60-90 minutes and quite honestly, when I saw it I immediately knew I didn't want to work for Coventry. They let a computer program do all of their hiring for them. The "Battery" asked questions that were extremely subjective with multiple, plausible answers. I had taken these tests before and in my opinion they completely take the human element out of the hiring process.

The following day, I got an impersonal email saying they didn't want me, essentially. The fact that they let a software program determine who qualifies for an "in-person" interview projects a cold, robotic, impersonal organization. After reading some of the reviews here on Glassdoor, I'm not bothered that they passed on me.

Interview Questions

• The Career Battery is pointless. It contained questions with multiple correct or feasible answers and the wording or phrasing of the questions was somewhat confusing. I consider myself well versed in the English language and I found myself asking, "what is it that they want to know?"   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and very intense. Was the best process I have been through ever. They had a canned set of questions that all were required to answer, and then more that were directed at the specific position. I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews, and then 2 more phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked "As a manager, what is the hardest task you've had to perform in that position?"   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with Human Resources. We first talked a little bit about the position and a little bit about about the benefits offered by the company. I later interviewed with the hiring manager, a senior manager, and two other managers in the PMO.

The liked the Managers I interviewed with in the PMO. The one negative I would say about their process is each Manager was required to ask some of the exact same questions. I literally heard some of the same questions four times, so it was a bit repetitive after a while.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a quiet team member (someone that is intelligent, but doesn't like speaking in front of a large audience).   1 Answer

I was contacted by two other companies that were interested in interviewing me. One company matched the salary offered by Coventry and had a better overall benefits package.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

The application process was lengthy but not intolerable. The actual interview process was considerably long considering most companies have three, maybe four interviews. Expect at least 4 or 5 interviews with repeating questions every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral, i.e.: "Tell me about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer; how did it turn out?" or "Tell me about a time you felt that you failed at something; what would you change about it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was a very smooth process and probably one of the best things about the company in general

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

My interview was all over the phone, since my manager is in the Downer's Grove office, and I am in Phoenix.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any knowledge sharing or did you hold any training sessions at your last job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

It started with a phone call to set up the phone interview. Then you had a screening phone interview. If you were deemed a viable candidate, there would be a second phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was very professional and informative.

The only negative thing I would say is that when they don't allow you to go to the next level, they just send you the "sorry" e-mail. If you request additional explanation, you get nothing.

Supervisor Service Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

I am a supervisor so this is a good questions for me to answer.

1). You will apply for the job through the company website

2). HR will call you to set up an interview if they think you will be a good fit for the job

(For some jobs, more entry level, you might have to take a test before being interviewed, such as a data entry test or customer sevice test, this information will probably be given in the job description)

3). You will interview with HR and the manager or supevisor of the departments same day

4). When going for the interview they will tell you a little bit more about the job and what they are looking for

5). They are looking for STARS. When you answer a questions they want you to be able to tell the Sitution/Task/Action/Results. Your rated lower if you do not give a full star, for example you don't tell them what action you took or what the result was.

The questions differ based upon the job you are applying for but typically its tell me a time or what would you do type of questions.

6). The STARS are important but based upon my experience supervisor and managers are trying to determine if you will be a good fit for the job. If you have the work experience, showing a positive and friendly attitude will go far.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are on the lines, "Tell me a time", same types of questions asked by most company's. Any unexpected Questions will come from the manager who wants to ask a question not on the list of questions given to us.

I have been asked why should we hire you, describe your personality in a few words.
      Answer Question