Covidien Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

2.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

very short and well designed, good first impression with a good phone screening. This lead to an in person interview with the hiring manager. I had to contact the hiring manager directly - I did not get anywhere when submitting my resume online. Be sure to find someone who can get you to the right person.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work at Covidien?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I was a contract worker and mentioned to current manager that I was interested in the position. I interviewed with hiring manager. Offer was made by HR. Offer was non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a quick phone screen by the internal recruiter which then led to a half-day series of 45 minute interviews with different people, including multiple directors and the VP. Overall extremely efficient and I was well informed throughout the entire process.

Questions ranged from the theoretical (how would you approach emerging markets from a business perspective), strategic (how would you market to an audience with whom you already have 90% penetration) as well as more tactical (construct an automation campaign for a product line). Lots of standard questions as well (tell me about your background, what interests you in this position, etc).

Interview Questions

• How would you approach emerging markets from a business perspective? And how would you get other parts of the business to see the value in those markets (especially compared to the much higher short and longterm value of existing markets).   Answer Question

Sustaining Product Investigation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter posting information to my College. It was an on-site interview before Thanksgiving day. I interviewed with three different employees. One should be the program manager who introduced the position details and asked about troubleshooting experience, one should be a program manager from another department who introduced the RMS division and ask about my problem solving skills based on my experience stated on resume, and the last should be an senior engineer who gave me a certain problem case in circuit diagram and asked me to do the failure analysis.

Interview Questions

• Describe your recent problem/trouble solving procedures.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Very relaxed process. I had applied in the winter for a position and didn't hear anything until of March. I received an email directly from my potential supervisor asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I waited about two weeks until the position was offered to me.

Know the material on your resume. If you make it to the phone interview, then it's most likely only between you and a few other candidates, as they have a lot of options for interns, which means they must have liked something on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and all ancillary questions regarding information within it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have leverage, i.e. another job lined up, then negotiate.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by in-person interview with multiple engineers. They provided a tour of the facility and questions were not overly difficult. The work environment seemed a bit formal compared to other companies I had worked at, due to the dress code. Employees aren't supposed to wear blue jeans and dress fancy.

Interview Questions

• There were some typical technical questions about projects I had worked on and basic concepts of software engineering   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Process involved one phone interview, no in person interviews were done. I was asked mainly position specific questions and about my general background in the medical industry, no technical problems or skills testing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe prove how I was a self starter.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

An HR rep reached out to me and asked about my background and a couple of typical interview questions. This initial contact lasted about 30 minutes. Next she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager about one week later. This lasted about one hour and consisted of typical behavioral questions. I had one more phone interview the next day with the other Sr. Supply Chain Manager with the same behavioral format.

About a week after my phone interview I was contacted to set up an on-site. This was about a half-day affair. I met with both Sr. Supply Chain Managers (including the hiring manager), two Sr. Supply Chain Planners (one was a lunch interview), and a Global Marketing Manager. Each interview was about an hour long and very casual. They asked some behavioral questions, but you could just as easily ask them questions the whole time. My impression was that if you made it that far, they already thought you could do the job, they just wanted to make sure you meshed well with the team.

I received an offer about a week after my final on-site. Overall a very positive experience. Great people at the Boulder offices.

Interview Questions

• You are young and new to supply chain. The planners at the plant will think that you work for them, but you also need to get your own priorities managed. How will you build respect with people at the plant?   Answer Question

I received another offer for a somewhat different role in Seattle. I did not have any issue with their offer or benefits, the decision ended up being fairly family-centric and a move out of state seemed right for us.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Set up a phone interview after an initial screening to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not call at the scheduled time. This happened twice, and the recruiter did little to help/explain the issue with lack of organization or reschedule the interview.

Firmware Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

1st round - Phone Screen
    General questions based on the resume, interests and experience

2nd Round - Onsite Interview
    It was a technical round with the Hiring manager and the lead of the team which had an opening. It was a different interview than I had expected. No programming tests. Only questions regarding the projects I had done and Optimization questions and a few optimization riddles to find out the way in which I approached those riddles.

Interview Questions

• It was the most unexpected part of the interview where they asked me few riddles to test the way in which I approach problems.   Answer Question