Covidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covidien Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

R&D Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Interview lasted about two hours. I interviewed with the Director of the R&D Team, a lead Scientist and three team members. I was given a tour of the facility and a practical test. The test involved a electrical component and a fluid dynamics component.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about performing the same experiment multiple times?   1 Answer

Product Dev Lead Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Good process overall - they were very friendly from the get-go but somewhat vague on details, even after an offer was made. Seemed like a mission-driven company though. Personnel seemed solid...but its a big company so if you're looking for a fast-paced environment, you'd be better off looking somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Interview

Contract position- just 1 round of interview about my experience and job related questions.
    How much experience you have in post market vigilance? How did you handle the complaints?
    How did you deal with the customers?

Interview Questions

• what are your long term and short term goals?
      what tyoe of a person are you...team player or like to work alone?
      Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred internally and located the actual job description on the Medtronic website (they acquired Covidien). I submitted my resume on a Sunday night and was contacted for an initial phone interview on Tuesday. The phone interview was Wednesday morning with an HR representative. It seemed to go really well and she told me I was an excellent candidate and that I would hear about next steps within the next full week. After six weeks of complete radio silence (during which I sent a "checking in" email and left her a voicemail on her business line), I received a formal email that they were going with another candidate. Turns out, the position had been created for someone internally. I would have appreciated some transparency on that fact during the initial phone interview. I waited 6 weeks to hear that I'd never actually had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in having direct reports some time down the road?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

I had an awesome interview process. I applied online and then got a call back about two weeks later. Heard from then a week after that. It really was straightforward and the interviews were very nice. I have nothing to complain about with this company.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covidien (Crystal Lake, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an easy path, they just asked basic questions related with my previously work experience and what level of education that I got in the past, they explained all the benefits and the positive things that I will get as soon as I will be able to do it.

Interview Questions

• How reliable you are?   1 Answer
    • If, I have an idea how hard was the job.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covidien (Stamford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief benefits HR....3 different people ending with a 3:1 with the hiring manager hardly saying a thing; They weren't prepared to understand who could help and what skills they might have..

Interview Questions

• Have you done THIS EXACT THING BEFORE...No other experts in deep drawing, tooling, stainless steel or metallurgy in general or how to help a supplier without stepping on toes or learning proprietary processing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Very long, several weeks. Two to Three face to face interviews. online surveys and questionnaires. Special project requested by Regional Manager where I had to sell one of the products form the division I was interviewing for. Then they fly you up to corporate for final interviews with HR, VP of Sales, GM, VP of Marketing and Trainer.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your best friend would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Denver, CO).

Interview

Long drawn out process with confusing instructions and some very last minute changes. Example, I was planning to interview in my home town with the Area VP when 48 hours in advance I was asked to fly to Denver to accommodate him! It was quite difficult to rearrange my schedule and not create suspicion with my employer at the time. Should have been a sign.

Interview Questions

• More if an interactive conversation. One question included 'What is your sales plan?'   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covidien (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview -- was notified via email a couple of months after a recruiting infosession. Had ample time to prepare (one week) and interviewer was very courteous and respectful

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (conversation followed the flow of my response)   Answer Question