Covidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covidien Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Covidien in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview itself is straightforward, asking me about CAD and showed me a lot about what does the company do. The bad thing is I got a decline email even before I finished all the interview process. I didn't know what was wrong.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Great experience . I received a call from a manager two weeks after submitting application. Went in for an interview the following week and received an offer the week after that.

Principal Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Initially applied through a recruiter. A phone interview was set with hiring manager and a staff engineer. Hiring manager didn't participate. I was asked for an onsite interview. Interview took 7 hours. I was asked basic and advanced questions. As a phd in process control it was insultive to be asked first year undergrad coding skills and jump to signal processing equations but anyway I didnt say a thing. Last person in interview was hiring manager which told me the staff engineer will be my manager and their plan was to hire a staff engineer not principal. What a waste of time!!!! Unprofessional act of pulling people to their office.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

based on my dexterity and flexibility the job was offered to me and i started working on the 25 January 1988 i did not have a very long interview

Interview Questions

• have i worked in an assembly facility before   1 Answer
    • what they do there maybe different from what i was doing   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

It was a phone interview for about 30 minutes. First few minutes asked about my background, education and about my self and then asked about my projects. They need someone with experience in assembly level programming and micro processors.

PeopleSoft Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien (Mansfield, MA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter, then was invited to a face to face interview on-site.
    What you would expect as far as technical questions go. The manager and the team interview was relaxed. Being able to interface well with others seemed highly important. Everybody I spoke to was cordial and willing to answer all my questions.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Multiple interviews with various levels within the organization. The entire interview process lasted between 3-4 hours. Everyone was professional and knowledgeble about the position. Some interviews were done over the phone because some people on he panel were at other locations. Overall the process was painless and positive.

IS Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Covidien (Mansfield, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very informative and succinct, hiring manager was able to convey the job experience and what the job would entail very clearly. The hiring manager asked many of the basic interview questions and was able to make a very informed decision when it came to the hiring process.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Augusta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process seemed pretty easy. I applied online and several weeks later was contacted by an HR person/recruiter. She set up a phone interview for me. During the phone interview, my two interviewers went through my resume and asked me about my experience and interest with the company. Several days later, the HR person contacted me again to set up a Skype interview. However, about a month went by and I didn't hear anything. Finally the HR person contacted me again about flying out to the facility for an interview. Within two days, they changed the travel arrangements and interview date on me four or five times. I had to take two flights to get to the facility, but everything was paid for. The on person interview was how I expected the phone interview to be: the standard "what would you do"/"how would you react" type questions. However, one of the interviewers spent most of the time telling me about his health issues. I also received a tour of the facility and was taken out to lunch. It was much longer than I would have preferred, but that is okay. Finally I was able to leave. I was told the HR person would follow up with me. About two days later, I received a canned email that I hadn't gotten the job. Nobody ever called me or anything. I was not too upset about not getting the job, but the manner in which I was not chosen seemed very insulting to me. I had taken four flights in two days to be at the interview after all .

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Reviewed my qualifications/resume during phone interview and then situational questions during in person interview.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

It was a group interview with the supervisor himself. The questions were simple and each person had the opportunity to answer each question. It was mostly about if you had any prior experience as an assembler before.