Covidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Document Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process took about 3.5 to 4 hours. I saw three waves of people: first wave was an HR specialist; second wave was the immediate supervisor, a subject matter expert, and another supervisor; third wave would be the immediate group with whom I would work. I arrived 15 minutes early, but needed to wait because several people involved in the interview were in a meeting that went over. This gave me time to catch my breath and chat with the security officer at the front desk. The interview took place in a conference room and the groups would switch out when it was their turn. I did not get a tour of the building, but I forgot to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How much data review experience have you had? Have you input formulas into Excel? What would you do in [specific example]?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Covidien (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with peer engineers. manager was real specific about job description. the process started with a phone interview with the engineering manager. my skill set was almost an exact match to the job descrifption that was posted online. two days after the phone interview I received a call to come in for a peer interview with 4 engineer that i would be working with. there i received more technical designing questions.

Interview Questions

• what was my experience with CAD Administration.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

very short and well designed, good first impression with a good phone screening. This lead to an in person interview with the hiring manager. I had to contact the hiring manager directly - I did not get anywhere when submitting my resume online. Be sure to find someone who can get you to the right person.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work at Covidien?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the Regional Manager and current sales rep at a local coffee shop. they spent more time "name dropping" and asking me who I knew at current hospitals that I work with vs. ask questions about myself. I was asked many situational question.... Tell me about a time, difficult situations, difficult customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a doctor told you "no", tell me about a time you had to prioritize, tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, tell me about a time you worked with supply chain   1 Answer

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 person several questions very nice person asked behavioral questions not intimidating very friendly great experience made you feel comfortable was able to feel appreciated. She offered insight on changes that company was going thru and how that would effect current tasks

Interview Questions

• do I have access experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR to set up an interview with the manager of the department. I did the phone interview with the manager a couple days later lasting about 30 minutes. I got a call from HR the next day to set up an on-site interview for during my spring break. At the on-site interview, I met with three senior managers that I would be working with. They were super nice and seemed like they liked me. It was a really laid back interview and really comfortable. It was mostly going over my resume, not a lot of technical questions. There were a couple behavioral questions, but mostly just asking about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having several different tasks being thrown at you that all needed to get done?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I was a contract worker and mentioned to current manager that I was interested in the position. I interviewed with hiring manager. Offer was made by HR. Offer was non-negotiable.

Senior Marketing Manager (Global Operations) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a quick phone screen by the internal recruiter which then led to a half-day series of 45 minute interviews with different people, including multiple directors and the VP. Overall extremely efficient and I was well informed throughout the entire process.

Questions ranged from the theoretical (how would you approach emerging markets from a business perspective), strategic (how would you market to an audience with whom you already have 90% penetration) as well as more tactical (construct an automation campaign for a product line). Lots of standard questions as well (tell me about your background, what interests you in this position, etc).

Interview Questions

• How would you approach emerging markets from a business perspective? And how would you get other parts of the business to see the value in those markets (especially compared to the much higher short and longterm value of existing markets).   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Primary HR interview by phone went well. Secondary phone interview with Quality Management was a bit harsh and nailed me with skills I didn't have much like a military drill instructor. I couldn't hear the interviewer due to talking in the background and speaker phone. Would have been better for p2p interview.

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien (Mansfield, MA).

Interview

Applied and was contacted about 3 weeks later by HR. Basic questions about my experience. Brought in to interview for 3 hours with different levels of employees (5 people). No questions out of the ordinary but they did ask every basic interview question you can imagine. Know qualifications for the job and how you are qualified by giving examples both in a team setting and solo. Called me about a day later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What forecast method would you use in this scenario, gave a list of examples and had to answer them   Answer Question