Covidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (North Haven, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter about the position at Covidien. Brief conversation about my experience. Invited for an on-site interview a week later. Mainly questions about my experiences/resume as well. Ended with a tour of the facility.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Mansfield, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't too bad. The interviewer was very polite. The interview took place on the floor on which I ended up working so it allowed me to see where the job took place.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interaction with a customer that was particularly difficult to deal with   Answer Question

Automation Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covidien in January 2015.

Interview

Great friendly interview. Felt very at ease which allowed the interview to progress very nicely. Initial phone interview was done on conference of three including myself. The next interview should be one on one with the hiring manager which could last two to three hours including a plant tour. This should happen next week. I would definitely work for this company

Interview Questions

• It was an easy interview. I am more than qualified for the position so there wasn't anything that they could ask me that I wouldn't be prepared.   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Culver City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process had 3 rounds
    1.Telephonic Interview with HR
    2.Telephonic Interview with the Software Manager-Some Technical Questions and Questions from Resume
    3.Onsite Interview(the interview panel comprised of 4 employees)-Had to pesent about my projects and previosu experience and some technical questions

Interview Questions

• Most of the Questions were based on my resume and a few easy technical questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Took almost six months after I applied. Received an email then a phone call and two one on one interview sessions. Overall an easy interview just a long process and was not worth it at the end of it.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Covidien in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was able to set up a phone interview a few days later. Overall the interview was straightforward, without any particularly oddball questions. I thought the process went well and was told that a group video interview would be set up within a couple days. Unfortunately, that was the last I heard from the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish through working for Covidien?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien in November 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the VP and Director of Clinical Affairs within 2 weeks. I had a video call (Skype) with the Director again after a week. The Director instructed me to buy a plane ticket so she could tour me around the facility and meet the other team members. She said the company will reimburse me later. There were 2 local candidates that applied for the same position but she would like to give me a chance to meet her team in person. She also asked me to send her a copy of the SOPs I prepared from my previous job. After the video call, she contacted me again via Skype and this time with her friend from another department. Her friend asked me questions like why my son is behind his grade level, which city would I like to move in and what religion do I practice. The friend kept on commenting on her and asking her why my son was behind his grade level. The friend also said that the city I chose has a very high standard of living. I should choose other cities where I could afford to live. I felt weird about the personal questions she asked for me and her comments about my son's schooling. Sound like she was discriminating me.
    The next day, I sent the Director my flight details and the SOPs. She responded to my e-mail and informed me that the schedule she had set to meet me will not work so I had to cancel my flight. I followed up with her again after a week to see if she had finalized plans to meet me in person. She then told me she wanted to interview to more candidates and I had to wait from HR about the next steps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did I choose the company
      2. How do I feel about the position
      3. How many kids do I have
      4. What is my religion
      5. Which city do I plan to relocate
      6. Why was my kid behind his grade level
      7. Who will be relocating with me   Answer Question

Sustaining Product Investigation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter posting information to my College. It was an on-site interview before Thanksgiving day. I interviewed with three different employees. One should be the program manager who introduced the position details and asked about troubleshooting experience, one should be a program manager from another department who introduced the RMS division and ask about my problem solving skills based on my experience stated on resume, and the last should be an senior engineer who gave me a certain problem case in circuit diagram and asked me to do the failure analysis.

Interview Questions

• Describe your recent problem/trouble solving procedures.   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Recruited by temp company. Brief initial phone interview with recruiter. In-person interview with hiring manager and toured lab. Pretty easy questions and friendly staff. Not too many difficult questions, pretty standard. Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you exercised good time management skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Career Fair style - you go around and talk to different departments. Make sure you dress professionally, have questions prepared, and don't wait in all of the really long lines! Find the shorter lines and hit them first. They didn't ask any really tough questions, so just relax and be yourself. They basically just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit.