Covidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covidien Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

I was invited to interview with Covidien for the associate sales position. After I wasted my time telling them about myself and answering their questions. I was told my experience was limited and I should go sell copiers and it ended with the hiring manager saying, "take care buddy". What a joke! Thank you for wasting my time.

Interview

Screening call from HR, followed by on-site interview for a full day with an agenda with 6 different people. Six people ranged from peers to stakeholders, and direct boss and his boss. They all had basically the same standard interview questions. It was intense but not difficult. The question all of them asked was "walk me through your resume".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy. Went back and forth twice.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gunbarrel, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Gunbarrel, CO).

Interview

They needed a Microsoft Access developer for several short term projects. I was impressed with the very short phone conversation about project details with Supervisor and Dept Head (Stakeholder)10 minutes - direct and to the point, excellent!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

A Tampa headhunter called me on the phone, asked me questions and then later on arranged an interview with me and 3 of the managers. When I got there only 2 managers got to interview me: my future boss and the HR director. Both were excellent people.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a matrix-like work environment?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Ponce, PR) in August 2014.

Interview

Good and interesting interview process ,on time, with Quality Assurance management, was held on a weekday. About your Quality Assurance experience and skills and mostly about your overall background. It took less than 1 hour in Ponce, PR. Must report to front desk first. It was clear and concise and right on time.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience in Quality Assurance, skills and background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was mostly on their terms.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Very relaxed process. I had applied in the winter for a position and didn't hear anything until of March. I received an email directly from my potential supervisor asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I waited about two weeks until the position was offered to me.

Know the material on your resume. If you make it to the phone interview, then it's most likely only between you and a few other candidates, as they have a lot of options for interns, which means they must have liked something on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and all ancillary questions regarding information within it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have leverage, i.e. another job lined up, then negotiate.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Robust interview process that touches all employees that will interact with the role. Process appears to be designed to ensure personality fit as well as measure engagement. Displaying intellect and enthusiasm should go a long way in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Description of difficult situation addressed in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Called me the day i applied. Drove out to the place the next day and Had a in person interview in the morning. Interviewed with 2 different people I thought It went very well.. They emailed me saying they went with another candidate

Interview Questions

• What is something difficult you have overcame in the work field?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by in-person interview with multiple engineers. They provided a tour of the facility and questions were not overly difficult. The work environment seemed a bit formal compared to other companies I had worked at, due to the dress code. Employees aren't supposed to wear blue jeans and dress fancy.

Interview Questions

• There were some typical technical questions about projects I had worked on and basic concepts of software engineering   Answer Question

QA Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Plainfield, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. A temp agency made contact with me as a result of that referral and asked if I'd be interested in the position. For that position I interviewed thru the temp agency as a contractor. The temp agency arranged the interview with Covidien. From the point of initial contact, I interviewed with Covidien 7 days later. 3 days after that I was completing the on-boarding process with the temp agency. My start date from the time of interview was 30 days afterwards. During that time my drug screening and background check was being cleared. 12 days after hiring in thru the temp agency as a contractor, Covidien was interested in buying out my contract with the temp agency in an effort to hire me in permanently as an official employee. 48 days from my initial start date as a contractor, I hired in permanently with Covidien.

Interview Questions

• Would I stay the full term as a contractor on a fixed term of approximately 2-3 months until the goal was achieved with absolutely no guarantee or foreseeable opportunity of being hired in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair to say the least. I understood that they were in a bind and needed me just as much as I needed them but I didn't take advantage of it. they were sincere in their desire to hire me so I assured them that I'd accept the opportunity but encouraged them to consider making an offer that was commiserate with my experience and what they've witnessed in my performance up to that point. The offer wasn't what I had in mind but I was satisfied with the concern and effort behind the concessions that were made.