Covidien Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Covidien Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Document Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process took about 3.5 to 4 hours. I saw three waves of people: first wave was an HR specialist; second wave was the immediate supervisor, a subject matter expert, and another supervisor; third wave would be the immediate group with whom I would work. I arrived 15 minutes early, but needed to wait because several people involved in the interview were in a meeting that went over. This gave me time to catch my breath and chat with the security officer at the front desk. The interview took place in a conference room and the groups would switch out when it was their turn. I did not get a tour of the building, but I forgot to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How much data review experience have you had? Have you input formulas into Excel? What would you do in [specific example]?   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Panel interview that consisted of technical fellows, other bosses and teammates. Applied online and was contacted one month later. First there was a phone interview with an HR representative who asked questions about my resume and history. I was asked to come in for a panel interview at the end of the phone interview. After the interviewing, I was offered the position on the next week.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions on troubleshooting HPLC. Mass spec experience was a plus.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covidien (Hazelwood, MO).

Interview

Sit down interviews with multiple Directors and Managers. Most of the interviewers were not prepared. They fumbled for questions, seemed to be lost and were not impressive.
    Phone interviews, screens, HR questions, more phone interviews and then a visit. They moved fast but they do the same in their approach to business. Fast and wreckless.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected questions were never asked. When interviewers are dressed in jeans and a windbreaker they tend to be lazy and unprepared. That was the case.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. You take what they offer for the most part. Their HR group is efficient and fast. The management is another question. They make poor decisions and based on how the business runs, they are slow learners.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

It started out with a telephone interview. There were three people on the call besides me. This interview focused on my background and experience as a database administrator. There were no tough technical questions during the telephone interview. The phone interview led to a face-to-face interview several days later. During this interview, the hiring manager was present, along with a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator, a Senior Oracle Database Administrator, and a member of the Human Resources staff. The interview started out with a bit of social conversation, about my commute, and then proceeded into the technical portion of the interview. While I was able to answer most SQL Server questions -- that is where most of my DBA experience is -- I was not able to answer many of the Oracle questions -- in previous jobs I worked on the less complicated instances of Oracle. In addition, there were some aspects of both SQL Server and Oracle where I indicated that I hadn’t had work experience or knowledge (I don’t make stuff up in job interviews). The interview with the hiring manager and SQL Server and Oracle DBAs lasted approximately 50-minutes. I then spent about 15-minutes talking with the human resources staff member, who indicated that during the technical portion of the interview I answered all of the questions he needed answered (regarding personality, psychology, and working with people of other races and cultures). We spent time going over benefits. While I knew from the non-verbal feedback that the Oracle DBA wasn’t necessarily pleased with my lack of being able to answer questions (I don't have much experience with complicated Oracle instances), I thought that the SQL Server DBA was pleased – when I didn’t know the answer to a question, he normally indicated that the answer was something that most people wouldn’t know… Frankly, I was pleased with the team who conducted the interview. They did a good job of conveying what the job opportunity was, the work requirements, and the direction that their company was headed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the VSS service in SQL Server (Volume Shadow Copy).   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a phone interview. I spoke with the hiring manager for about an hour. I then waited almost a month to hear anything back. I was then brought in for an on site interview. I met with three different people of varying levels in the company. I was made an offer a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to go to lunch after asking me two easy questions.   Answer Question

Quality Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Behavior based interview on the Company's Core Competencies. Interview is with HR, Supervisor, and Supervisor from another department.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will use this information to assess your proficiency in one or more job-related areas, which may include anything from adaptability to leadership to problem solving.   Answer Question

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone screen first, and set up a on-site interview a week later. talk to 3 group of people, one manager, two engineers from the same group and two from another group, 30 minutes for each group.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy the most in your past work experience and what is the least?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2010.

Interview

Half day of interview with 3 or 4 managers including the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• It was relatively straight forward and related to planning. Apics helps a lot   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Covidien (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

I was phoned by an individual from HR who set up the initial phone screen for 30 minutes. I would be speaking to the hiring manager and someone else from HR. The person she named as the hiring manager called me on time the following Monday and began the screening. He told me that there would be this interview, then a hour technical phone interview and if selected to continue then an on-site interview. This was my first phone screen and I have been at the same company 11 years so I was a little rusty on the questions, etc. I struggled with exactly how much detail and examples to provide during a phone screen versus what to save for the next interview. I felt like anything I said was not enough and when I tried to draw on my related experience I felt as though it was not what the interviewer wanted to hear. I am not 100% sure how it went overall, but I got an uneasy vibe from the interviewer that he was not understanding my experience and how it related to his position. I felt like some of the questions he was asking me were somewhat "attacking". This may all just of been because I have not interviewed in a while.

Interview Questions

• Give me a high level summary of your experience, hitting the highlights.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covidien (Hazelwood, MO) in November 2008.

Interview

The inital interview was with the Recruiter via phone phone. I was selected to interview with the company itself. The first interview with the company was with the Department Manager and a Senior Analyst in the department via phone. After a few days I was then asked to come in and interview in person with the Department Manager and the Senior Analyst in the department. A few days after that, I was told I was amongst 3 finalists for the position, I was then asked to come in and invterview with the Director of IS. I was offered the positioned just a few days after my last interview

Interview Questions

• Which one would you choose from: The best job you could ever have and make less money or make more money and have a miserable job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, I was hired in on a 3 month contract to hire, inwhich I became a permanenet employee about 2 1/2 months later.