Cox Communications Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Star method you are presented with a situation, and asked to describe your experience with that situation and the results achieved they give you a worksheet to review possible sample questions prior to arriving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had disagreements with management at work   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Herndon, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screening with Human Resources which was basic and pleasant. She described the position and inquired about my experiene.

First Interview was a panel with the Sales Manager and District Manager. It was very thorough and organized. They laid out the format of the interview detailing how many questions they would ask, what kind of questions they would be, and the format of the response that they required.

The first section was to review my resume and former positions.

The second were 6 specific questions that they wanted me to answer in the form of: what was the situation, what action did I take, and what was the outcome of the situation. In addition they wanted me to specifically detail the customer name and which company my example was in reference to.

In the final portion I was asked to sit privately for 5 minutes and think of any questions I had for them. And also to give them several reasons why I would be the best candidate for the position.

The Sales Manager was an amiable type who smiled a lot and gave lots of reassurances. The District Manager was more closed in his demeanor. He was the type to throw around names and relationships and look for commonalities.

I was invited to come back to meet with the VP of Sales. He and I met in one of their small rooms, they have a special name for the rooms. Glass wall, one table, with 2 chairs, a phone, a whiteboard, and a clock. It was scheduled for a short visit, maybe 30 minutes. It was more like a chat or conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you underestimated the client you were meeting with and what happened.   Answer Question