Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Feb 2, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good, I met with 3 VPs, they were fair and were very engaging. It was quite intense but I felt very good about my interview overall. I also met the Senior assistant. They kept to the job description and asked for several scenarios doing various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current job.   1 Answer

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by a Talent Acquisition Representative. Responded via email the same day. After two days and no follow up from the rep, I contacted her to get a time for a phone interview.
    She honestly was the worse interviewer i have experienced. She started the conversation by asking if I had questions. She couldn't answer any and kept repeating tgats a question for the area manager. Then at the end of the interview she seemed shocked by my compensation answer. This was alarming because she had my salary from my employment history. Companies need to understand, even if you contract. HR specialists, they are a reflection of your company. Yikes! This was scary. Decided to accept another offer before the two week waiting for a face to face interview. Not a company I'd want to be associated with.

Interview Questions

• Basic Retail 101 questions i.e. tell me about a time when you had an upset customer and how you handled it. How do you handle an associate who isn't performing?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program - ProjectManagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of behavioral questions after being selected from recruitment at my college. The second round was a day of interview exercises: a group interview, a behavioral interview, then an easy case interview. I had lunch with a buddy later and then a networking night.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college's career board, talked to a rep at the career fair a week or so later, and was invited to interview on campus about a week after that. The on-campus interview was short and though it was a formal interview seemed more light and conversational. I was invited to interview at Cox in Atlanta.

The set up of the interview day in ATL was a bit tough. It was a day long process (exhausting by the end) involving about 20 of us who interviewed at one time. We were broken up into groups of about 5 and given a project to consider as a group and then had to present to two interviewers who could ask us questions. There were also a series of one-on-one interviews and then finally I had lunch with my "buddy" for the day - someone currently in the program I was interviewing for. This is where things went south. My buddy was unwelcoming, uninterested, and frankly rude, in my opinion. We ate lunch together before I would be released until I had to come back for the dinner/networking event. In their cafeteria, there was a table of about 10 people also in my buddy's program. My buddy walked me up to introduce me to them and they were even more unwelcoming of not only me but also my "buddy." At one point, my buddy went to introduce me to one of the girls at the table and couldn't remember her name, she then pronounced the girl's name wrong and was sternly corrected - talk about awkward (there were maybe around 20 people in the program total and they had all been working at Cox for a year or so at this point).

The networking dinner was awkward. The whole environment was cut throat and I didn't get the impression that they really enjoyed their job or their co-workers. We were told we'd hear back whether we got the job or not within a week. To make a long story short - I didn't actually hear back until months later and I'd already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Q: If it's ____ (time) on an analog clock, what degree are the minute and hour hand at?

Q: Given a list of tasks to do in a limited amount of time and how you'd prioritize those - some items were work related and some personal related so think they were trying to get at your ability to have a work-life balance

Q: Had to do fake pitch to have a customer pay you to make them a treehouse

Q: You have ___ people, ____ dollars, ____ amount of days to plan a company outing for employee appreciation and then present your proposal (group interview).
      1 Answer

LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first 2 rounds of interviews were by telephone. The questions weren't terribly difficult but be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. There weren't any very difficult questions as long as you prepare some anecdotes for some of the potential questions they might ask. The third round of interviews takes place in person and is a day-long process including a panel and writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story about a time that you provided great customer service or provided a positive experience to a customer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview only as it was within the company that I already work for. We did not proceed past the first screening conversation because I didn't have the experience they wanted (and they weren't specific enough in the job description.

Interview Questions

• My experience with the platform in question   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for.
    Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager.
    Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for.
    Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Online Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

informal. Hiring manager confused about company goals, unable to translate them to goals for the position. My questions might have been too hard for her to answer. They seemed to want someone less creative and more corporate.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty predictable. What have I done and what would I like to do?   1 Answer