Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter, interviewed with Hiring Manager. the job was postponed therefore I was informed that the position was on hold after about a month I was contacted again, interviewed with the Hiring Manager and then VP of the department.

Interview Questions

• About my prior technical experience with Oracle Applications, my interactions with Oracle Support and my SQL skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They are very quick and on top of the interview process. Everyone was nice, and you do get a great feel of the culture throughout the interview. I applied in Atlanta GA and had one quick 30 minute behavioral in person, then a very long super day that started at 1:50 and ended at 8 pm. The interview for this position is hard, and you should be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of the two hands at 9:45   1 Answer
    • You are contracted to build a treehouse, how would you go about the project?   1 Answer
    • They do a "practical interview" which is something you cannot necessarily prep for. They want to see how you prioritize and see if you can defend your thinking.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted information via Cox website. Recruiter contacted me 3-4 weeks later. Prescreened by recruiter. Phone interview was set and completed with hiring manager. Two weeks later, interview was set up and completed with panel, including hiring manager. A few days later, interview was set and completed with hiring manager's manager. Received a job offer once my background check was completed about 10 days later. Everyone was really nice and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why did you apply for this position? Tell us about yourself. What would you do if you received multiple assignments at once? How would you use your current skills to complete your responsibilities? Are you a multi-tasker? How do you manage stress? How do you approach working with a team?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person with hiring manager and then a 3rd interview with the Executive Director. Contacted by talent acquisitions a week later with the job offer. All around great experience!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good, I met with 3 VPs, they were fair and were very engaging. It was quite intense but I felt very good about my interview overall. I also met the Senior assistant. They kept to the job description and asked for several scenarios doing various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current job.   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about five to ten mins long, nothing too technical. Ask two troubleshooting questions. And the rest was based off of personality. Very straight forward and short.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

two onsite interviews, one to do basic behavioral questions and such and the other to review what the project entailed thoroughly along with reviewing previous work samples of mine to see my relevance to the job. I was then called within a day with an offer and wanted a response quickly. I was obviously a very last second higher, but the job is a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you most qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted in less than a week and went through the hiring process in less than two weeks. There were no technical questions, even though there should have been, as the role relied heavily on technical skills such as database skills or other technical analytical tools.

Be sure to ask more about the exact team you will be working on and the role. The company undergoes organizational changes frequently, and if you are not confident in the manager or the team then do not take the position. This is as much an opportunity for you to interview them as it is for them to interview you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to look for employment?   1 Answer

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by a Talent Acquisition Representative. Responded via email the same day. After two days and no follow up from the rep, I contacted her to get a time for a phone interview.
    She honestly was the worse interviewer i have experienced. She started the conversation by asking if I had questions. She couldn't answer any and kept repeating tgats a question for the area manager. Then at the end of the interview she seemed shocked by my compensation answer. This was alarming because she had my salary from my employment history. Companies need to understand, even if you contract. HR specialists, they are a reflection of your company. Yikes! This was scary. Decided to accept another offer before the two week waiting for a face to face interview. Not a company I'd want to be associated with.

Interview Questions

• Basic Retail 101 questions i.e. tell me about a time when you had an upset customer and how you handled it. How do you handle an associate who isn't performing?   Answer Question