Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was more about checking the fit with the company culture and values. Other than that technical questions around analytics, SQL etc. Behavioral questions to see the fit. Also had a chance to meet the team to understand the expectations.

Project Management Specialist LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They are very quick and on top of the interview process. Everyone was nice, and you do get a great feel of the culture throughout the interview. I applied in Atlanta GA and had one quick 30 minute behavioral in person, then a very long super day that started at 1:50 and ended at 8 pm. The interview for this position is hard, and you should be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of the two hands at 9:45   1 Answer
    • You are contracted to build a treehouse, how would you go about the project?   1 Answer
    • They do a "practical interview" which is something you cannot necessarily prep for. They want to see how you prioritize and see if you can defend your thinking.   Answer Question

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good, I met with 3 VPs, they were fair and were very engaging. It was quite intense but I felt very good about my interview overall. I also met the Senior assistant. They kept to the job description and asked for several scenarios doing various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current job.   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with HR as a pre-screening, then a panel interview with STAR format. Then 1 on 1 with hiring manager, then their leadership. Entire process took over 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview only as it was within the company that I already work for. We did not proceed past the first screening conversation because I didn't have the experience they wanted (and they weren't specific enough in the job description.

Interview Questions

• My experience with the platform in question   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Every question is technical! And it is just a phone interview. The interviewer is nice though. I expected lots of STAR based questions and actually none appeared. All questions are very technical and is very focused on the projects and past experience. They use LYNC so make sure that you examine and install it on your computer before it starts.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Questions

• What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long and stressful