Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was more about checking the fit with the company culture and values. Other than that technical questions around analytics, SQL etc. Behavioral questions to see the fit. Also had a chance to meet the team to understand the expectations.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college's career board, talked to a rep at the career fair a week or so later, and was invited to interview on campus about a week after that. The on-campus interview was short and though it was a formal interview seemed more light and conversational. I was invited to interview at Cox in Atlanta.

The set up of the interview day in ATL was a bit tough. It was a day long process (exhausting by the end) involving about 20 of us who interviewed at one time. We were broken up into groups of about 5 and given a project to consider as a group and then had to present to two interviewers who could ask us questions. There were also a series of one-on-one interviews and then finally I had lunch with my "buddy" for the day - someone currently in the program I was interviewing for. This is where things went south. My buddy was unwelcoming, uninterested, and frankly rude, in my opinion. We ate lunch together before I would be released until I had to come back for the dinner/networking event. In their cafeteria, there was a table of about 10 people also in my buddy's program. My buddy walked me up to introduce me to them and they were even more unwelcoming of not only me but also my "buddy." At one point, my buddy went to introduce me to one of the girls at the table and couldn't remember her name, she then pronounced the girl's name wrong and was sternly corrected - talk about awkward (there were maybe around 20 people in the program total and they had all been working at Cox for a year or so at this point).

The networking dinner was awkward. The whole environment was cut throat and I didn't get the impression that they really enjoyed their job or their co-workers. We were told we'd hear back whether we got the job or not within a week. To make a long story short - I didn't actually hear back until months later and I'd already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Q: If it's ____ (time) on an analog clock, what degree are the minute and hour hand at?

Q: Given a list of tasks to do in a limited amount of time and how you'd prioritize those - some items were work related and some personal related so think they were trying to get at your ability to have a work-life balance

Q: Had to do fake pitch to have a customer pay you to make them a treehouse

Q: You have ___ people, ____ dollars, ____ amount of days to plan a company outing for employee appreciation and then present your proposal (group interview).
      1 Answer

Project Management Specialist LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They are very quick and on top of the interview process. Everyone was nice, and you do get a great feel of the culture throughout the interview. I applied in Atlanta GA and had one quick 30 minute behavioral in person, then a very long super day that started at 1:50 and ended at 8 pm. The interview for this position is hard, and you should be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of the two hands at 9:45   1 Answer
    • You are contracted to build a treehouse, how would you go about the project?   1 Answer
    • They do a "practical interview" which is something you cannot necessarily prep for. They want to see how you prioritize and see if you can defend your thinking.   Answer Question

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good, I met with 3 VPs, they were fair and were very engaging. It was quite intense but I felt very good about my interview overall. I also met the Senior assistant. They kept to the job description and asked for several scenarios doing various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current job.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person with hiring manager and then a 3rd interview with the Executive Director. Contacted by talent acquisitions a week later with the job offer. All around great experience!

Communications Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted information via Cox website. Recruiter contacted me 3-4 weeks later. Prescreened by recruiter. Phone interview was set and completed with hiring manager. Two weeks later, interview was set up and completed with panel, including hiring manager. A few days later, interview was set and completed with hiring manager's manager. Received a job offer once my background check was completed about 10 days later. Everyone was really nice and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why did you apply for this position? Tell us about yourself. What would you do if you received multiple assignments at once? How would you use your current skills to complete your responsibilities? Are you a multi-tasker? How do you manage stress? How do you approach working with a team?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, phone screening, 2 rounds of panels on the same day of different level members of the team then 1 on 1 with department leadership. Another position unexpectedly made me interview with a psychologist and take an IQ test; I passed, corrected the psychologist on one of their incorrect questions, still got an offer but turned that one down.

Interview Questions

• All the basic questions, walk through resume, greatest accomplishment, and strengths and weaknesses ... they could be a bit more creative with those. Also got asked a brain teaser: walk us through estimating how many pounds of meat McDonals sells a year.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

two onsite interviews, one to do basic behavioral questions and such and the other to review what the project entailed thoroughly along with reviewing previous work samples of mine to see my relevance to the job. I was then called within a day with an offer and wanted a response quickly. I was obviously a very last second higher, but the job is a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you most qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick and in-depth. I got to see the campus. I got a chance to chat with team members and management. I was also able to see what the team was working on at that time. There was more involved before the process and after the process.