Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Securities Operations Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview with both behavioral questions.
    why do you choose this company and the position
    what experience do you have
    it was easy to answer typical questions
    not so hard

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview went pretty good. I applied through Georgia State University. I got a mail after 1 month, they told I was selected for the interview. I had 2 interviews,.
    One was phone (40 mins). They asked about my projects. In person they asked techinical questions pretty basic.

Sales Channel Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a connection. waited 2 weeks then interviewed. Had one interview on-site. 45 mins. The interviewer was very cordial and professional and seemed to actually care about talking to me instead of just marking another thing off their to-do list. Waited 2 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about five to ten mins long, nothing too technical. Ask two troubleshooting questions. And the rest was based off of personality. Very straight forward and short.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter, interviewed with Hiring Manager. the job was postponed therefore I was informed that the position was on hold after about a month I was contacted again, interviewed with the Hiring Manager and then VP of the department.

Interview Questions

• About my prior technical experience with Oracle Applications, my interactions with Oracle Support and my SQL skills   Answer Question

Executive Director – Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The Cox Communications Talent Acquisition Consultant which is their recruiting lead was excellent and kept me informed throughout the process. I was brought into one of the Cox offices in Atlanta to interview for the role in early 2015.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions ran the anticipated range of "why this role, why now, and what would you bring to Cox."   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was more about checking the fit with the company culture and values. Other than that technical questions around analytics, SQL etc. Behavioral questions to see the fit. Also had a chance to meet the team to understand the expectations.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college's career board, talked to a rep at the career fair a week or so later, and was invited to interview on campus about a week after that. The on-campus interview was short and though it was a formal interview seemed more light and conversational. I was invited to interview at Cox in Atlanta.

The set up of the interview day in ATL was a bit tough. It was a day long process (exhausting by the end) involving about 20 of us who interviewed at one time. We were broken up into groups of about 5 and given a project to consider as a group and then had to present to two interviewers who could ask us questions. There were also a series of one-on-one interviews and then finally I had lunch with my "buddy" for the day - someone currently in the program I was interviewing for. This is where things went south. My buddy was unwelcoming, uninterested, and frankly rude, in my opinion. We ate lunch together before I would be released until I had to come back for the dinner/networking event. In their cafeteria, there was a table of about 10 people also in my buddy's program. My buddy walked me up to introduce me to them and they were even more unwelcoming of not only me but also my "buddy." At one point, my buddy went to introduce me to one of the girls at the table and couldn't remember her name, she then pronounced the girl's name wrong and was sternly corrected - talk about awkward (there were maybe around 20 people in the program total and they had all been working at Cox for a year or so at this point).

The networking dinner was awkward. The whole environment was cut throat and I didn't get the impression that they really enjoyed their job or their co-workers. We were told we'd hear back whether we got the job or not within a week. To make a long story short - I didn't actually hear back until months later and I'd already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Q: If it's ____ (time) on an analog clock, what degree are the minute and hour hand at?

Q: Given a list of tasks to do in a limited amount of time and how you'd prioritize those - some items were work related and some personal related so think they were trying to get at your ability to have a work-life balance

Q: Had to do fake pitch to have a customer pay you to make them a treehouse

Q: You have ___ people, ____ dollars, ____ amount of days to plan a company outing for employee appreciation and then present your proposal (group interview).   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They are very quick and on top of the interview process. Everyone was nice, and you do get a great feel of the culture throughout the interview. I applied in Atlanta GA and had one quick 30 minute behavioral in person, then a very long super day that started at 1:50 and ended at 8 pm. The interview for this position is hard, and you should be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of the two hands at 9:45   1 Answer
    • You are contracted to build a treehouse, how would you go about the project?   1 Answer
    • They do a "practical interview" which is something you cannot necessarily prep for. They want to see how you prioritize and see if you can defend your thinking.   Answer Question