Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Leadership Development Program - ProjectManagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of behavioral questions after being selected from recruitment at my college. The second round was a day of interview exercises: a group interview, a behavioral interview, then an easy case interview. I had lunch with a buddy later and then a networking night.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college's career board, talked to a rep at the career fair a week or so later, and was invited to interview on campus about a week after that. The on-campus interview was short and though it was a formal interview seemed more light and conversational. I was invited to interview at Cox in Atlanta.

The set up of the interview day in ATL was a bit tough. It was a day long process (exhausting by the end) involving about 20 of us who interviewed at one time. We were broken up into groups of about 5 and given a project to consider as a group and then had to present to two interviewers who could ask us questions. There were also a series of one-on-one interviews and then finally I had lunch with my "buddy" for the day - someone currently in the program I was interviewing for. This is where things went south. My buddy was unwelcoming, uninterested, and frankly rude, in my opinion. We ate lunch together before I would be released until I had to come back for the dinner/networking event. In their cafeteria, there was a table of about 10 people also in my buddy's program. My buddy walked me up to introduce me to them and they were even more unwelcoming of not only me but also my "buddy." At one point, my buddy went to introduce me to one of the girls at the table and couldn't remember her name, she then pronounced the girl's name wrong and was sternly corrected - talk about awkward (there were maybe around 20 people in the program total and they had all been working at Cox for a year or so at this point).

The networking dinner was awkward. The whole environment was cut throat and I didn't get the impression that they really enjoyed their job or their co-workers. We were told we'd hear back whether we got the job or not within a week. To make a long story short - I didn't actually hear back until months later and I'd already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Q: If it's ____ (time) on an analog clock, what degree are the minute and hour hand at?

Q: Given a list of tasks to do in a limited amount of time and how you'd prioritize those - some items were work related and some personal related so think they were trying to get at your ability to have a work-life balance

Q: Had to do fake pitch to have a customer pay you to make them a treehouse

Q: You have ___ people, ____ dollars, ____ amount of days to plan a company outing for employee appreciation and then present your proposal (group interview).
      1 Answer

LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first 2 rounds of interviews were by telephone. The questions weren't terribly difficult but be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. There weren't any very difficult questions as long as you prepare some anecdotes for some of the potential questions they might ask. The third round of interviews takes place in person and is a day-long process including a panel and writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story about a time that you provided great customer service or provided a positive experience to a customer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview only as it was within the company that I already work for. We did not proceed past the first screening conversation because I didn't have the experience they wanted (and they weren't specific enough in the job description.

Interview Questions

• My experience with the platform in question   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with HR as a pre-screening, then a panel interview with STAR format. Then 1 on 1 with hiring manager, then their leadership. Entire process took over 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

A bit of a slow process. Cox starts hiring in terns much later than most other companies. Interviews was fairly basic. Mostly if not all behavioral. Had a first round interview and was offered the position a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any overly difficult questions. Very standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Every question is technical! And it is just a phone interview. The interviewer is nice though. I expected lots of STAR based questions and actually none appeared. All questions are very technical and is very focused on the projects and past experience. They use LYNC so make sure that you examine and install it on your computer before it starts.

Executive Director – Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The Cox Communications Talent Acquisition Consultant which is their recruiting lead was excellent and kept me informed throughout the process. I was brought into one of the Cox offices in Atlanta to interview for the role in early 2015.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions ran the anticipated range of "why this role, why now, and what would you bring to Cox."   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.
      Answer Question