Cox Communications Interview Questions in Chesapeake, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was given a very brief summary of the job. I was told partial information about the job and what would actually be included. They don't have an on site HR so they have team leaders interview you. They tell you more about the benefits because turn over is high, it's a hard job so the can't keep employees. They also want you to sell heavily and show your selling skills in the interview, every interview process is different.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called in to work in the last year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did an application back in August. Was contacted by email last week saying they were interested and wanted me to take an assessment. So I did the 2 part assessment that same day and was contacted the next day by email saying I passed the assessment and they wanted to move forward with a phone interview for the following day. Recruiter called the next day and just went over the job and asked me a few questions and scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week. She also informed me interview questions would be in the STAR format. Went to the interview and was actually interviewed by 2 managers who took turns asking me questions. (They were very nice) After being interviewed they had me step out the room while they got each other opinion so I was asked to come back in and they let me know they wanted to move forward with doing a mock call as if I was the cox employee and one of them was the customer they gave me a 3 page packet to go over for about 10 min before they called me from another phone. After that I was told the recruiter would be giving me a call to let me know my outcome. The next morning I received a call saying they wanted to move forward and offer me the position and would be sending me an offer letter to my email!!! So now I'm just waiting on background check and everything else to come back. Start date is in January

Interview Questions

• If my internet went out what would be the first thing I would do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They use the star format which was something that I was not very familiar with until I researched it online days ahead of the interview. They also ask you to role play in the interview and try to sell them a product.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to know about my customer service background and not about my education that could possibly lead me to another department.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

STAR FORMAT IS SITUATION , TASK AT HAND, ACTION TAKEN THEN RESULT, don't over answer and be precise about the event and pick an experience that shows good use of your skills that match those required of the position

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with objective of introducing job posting officially while reviewing resume. Next is a scheduled in person S.T.A.R format interview. The interview is conducted with the collection floor managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you handled and irate customer? And how   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 people at the Crossways location which they now do not use that location for interviews. It seemed very comfortable to me and it did not take much over 30 minutes. I was very relaxed and felt the questions were relevant to the job I applied for

Interview Questions

• All were based on a certain questioning format but none were difficult   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment. Easy phone interview. Easy star question interview. If you have worked retail sales it will be easy for you. Just give specific answers. There are no trick questions just have a lot of fun warm energy and smile. People coming from a wireless cell phone background will do great

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application in April. Got an email like two weeks later informing me that I would receive a link to schedule a video interview. After a couple of days I realized that I didn't receive anything so I contacted the recruiter who advised me that they're hiring a lot of people so it may take some time. After the second month I decided to give up but I then received a call which was a lady who wanted to do a phone interview. After 2 phone interviews and 2 assessments later I received an email about a week later stating that I had passed the assessments and told me to call recruiter. I called the recruiter did a third interview and also set up another phone interview with someone else the next day. I was told that it would be me and two people interviewing me but it wasnt. It was just a man asking me general interview questions. After that interview he informed me that he would be sending a recommendation to the recruiter. Got a call today with job offer...
    Process took about 3 months...

Interview Questions

• STAR format questions
      Tell me about a time...... Be specific
      Technical Support Questions; if customer called in and said internet was not working properly on laptop what's the first thing you would tell him to do?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interesting process. Submitted my resume on their website and received a confirmation email. Received an automated response 14 hrs later to complete an application.

I received an email 9 hours later from a recruiter to continue to their 'Montage' Interview process. This part of the process is awesome and nerving. lol. You log into this 'Montage' system and complete 4 steps: 1) Enter contact info, 2) Upload your resume, cover letter, references and any other pertinent info to present competence for the job applying for. 3) Record an audiovisual Introduction and 4) Record audiovisual responses for selected questions (pre-determined questions). All recordings can be re-recorded using their system or you can upload video files.

I received an email 9 hours later from the recruiter inviting me to the next step: 2 assessments. The first assessment was an online simulation where you answer calls (again, simulated) and select which answers best-to-worst fit each situation. Unless you're slow at reading, take your time. You'll only receive 3-4 calls so you should have plenty of time to do your best! The 2nd online assessment is what I call the 'Integrity' and job skills check. You'll have a LOT of questions to answer and some will resurface as different questions, but with the intent to see if you're a thief, dishonest, lack integrity, etc. Most company theft is internal so don't go into this lightly. Be honest and careful how you read the questions b/c the evaluation is designed to identify dishonesty and then you can kiss your hiring opportunity goodbye!

I received an invite to interview 2 days later from the local Recruiter. Keep your email and phone nearby because they DO respond on weekends (it’s a 24/7 call center). I spoke with the recruiter and scheduled the interview. Make SURE you get the exact name of who you’re interviewing with.

The on-site interview process took a couple hours. Mine was a 1-person panel. First the Interviewer reviews the job expectations, training schedule to expect and benefits. Next is the STAR formatted interview process (situational questions). Don’t know this format? Look it up and be ready. The interviewer asks about 4-5 different questions to assess how you resolve problems while maintaining professionalism and saving/upselling the customer.

The interviewer will ask you to step out of the room for a few minutes. I think if you’re asked to come back in…you’re moving on to another step in the on-site process. I was asked to come in again. At this time, the Technical Support position was explained then I was asked to state what questions I would ask a customer calling in regarding trouble with a device (i.e. no net signal, tv screen turned off). After that is a Roleplay. The interviewer gives you a packet of information to review for 10 minutes. The interviewer goes to a different room and calls you. You’re expected to answer the call as if you’re a Cox representative, assist the caller with their questions and try to upsell if the opportunity arises (which it will). At this point, the on-site interview is over and they will contact you within 5-7 business days.

I received a call 2 days later with an informal job offer, but a formal offer would be presented in 48 business hours, pending background/reference/employment/education checks were successful. I received a formal offer in the expected timeframe. You then follow the provided links in the email offer to electronically complete and sign it and other documents. You have 48 hours from that signing to complete the drug testing (only a urinalysis needed).

In summary, it’s about a 2 week process with many steps involved, but the pay is decent, benefits start on Day 1 (excluding education – that’s 1 year) and with room to grow. Everyone met so far seem sincerely nice and laid back. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They were standard situational questions. Even the tech support questions were very basic. No questions about standard TCP/IP protocols, coaxial vs. fiber optic or anything else of that nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Its a set base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

After the application process, you have to do a video interview that is recorded and submitted. The process from the video interview there can be a delay between 3-5 weeks before you hear back. You have to check your email DAILY. Will receive an email stating an interview time and will be interviewed by two managers. You will then get a call for orientation and an email with information

Interview Questions

• How would you promote other services?
      How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, the pay they offered was acceptable and exciting.