Cox Communications Customer Retention Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Customer Retention Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.6

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2017.

Interview

I went through one initial screening with Human Resources, followed by a 30-40 minute face to face with a Manager. Lastly, met with a panel of 3 people who asked about 45-60 minutes of Star format questions.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about what we offer in this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online thru their website, a recruiter called me to set up a phone interview. She set it for 10:30AM. She didn't call until almost 1PM. She said she got busy. We asked me a few question's about my experience. She asked me some STAR questions. I was sent to do an assessment (This was long about an hr) then she called said I pass. She set up a interview with COX. There were two guys that interviewed me. It was awkward. They didn't ask my experiences or anything. They just asked me "Name a time" questions. About 7 of them. They took turns asking. This was the most awkward interview I have ever been in my entire life!! They made no eye contact, they just looked at their paper writing and clearing their throats when one forgot it was their turn to ask the next question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a policy and/or procedure changed and how'd you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied directly on the website after viewing hiring information on a career website. Application was pretty short being that you give general information and uploading a resume. 1 week later I received an email for a phone interview. I found another job at the time so I did not schedule for the phone interview. 3 weeks later a recruiter contacted me and asked if I was still interested, I said yes being that I was on the spot. Phone interview latest 15 minutes, she briefly went over job description, pay, benefits, and my recent experience. I was very attracted to the salary, commission, and benefits so I decided to proceed in the application process. I completed 2 different test the same day as the phone interview. 1 was behavioral and another being a skills test. I passed both and the recruiter contacted me the same day in reference to "Beefing Up" my resume. She was Extremely helpful in the whole process. After phone interview, 2 test, resume building, and over-viewing my info I was contacted by a second recruiter. She briefly went over job description etc and asked if I was interested in a face to face interview on site. Face to face interview was scheduled the next day and I met with 2 gentlemen on site. Interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with 10 "STAR" questions. These questions were behavioral and situation designed. Interview went pretty well and they informed me that a recruiter will contact me in up to 2 weeks. I heard from the same recruiter the next day offering me the position. I accepted the offer and was contacted via email in regards to a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer kept refusing services from you in a sales process and how did you handle it.

Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you resolve the situation.

Keep in mind with every question you must provide a beginning, middle, and end to each answer.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Cox website and had to complete an assessment upon submission. Two days later I received a call requesting another assessment be completed, which took roughly an hour. After completing the assessment I received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in person interview and stated she would follow up with me to let me know if I would be continuing in the hiring process. I was interviewed by two supervisors who wrote down nearly every response I had. After the interview closed I was able to ask any questions I had. It seemed like a LONG interview from upon exiting, when signing out, it only took about 23 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome objectives to make a sale.

Tell me about a time you had an irate customer and how you handled that.

Tell me about a time a new policy or procedure was introduced that you were uncomfortable with, how did you adjust?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and thorough interview process. I was contact about a week after applying online. I did a phone interview, then online assessment, then one more phone interview and finally a face to face panel interview. The online assessment was a math and personality test and then the second assessment was a simulation call center day of training and phone calls. They use the STAR format for their interviewing. BE PREPARED!

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when a policy changed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 kids in shorts. I had more job experience than they have had life. They asked about 4 or 5 random questions that had nothing to do with experience.

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications in May 2015.

Interview

A third-party outsourcing company is used for recruitment called FutureStep. The representative was disorganized and unprofessional. The interview itself was fine, a series of questions using the STAR method with 2 managers. I probably did not have the background the hiring managers were looking but because the recruiting process is left to an outside company more concerned about getting bodies in the door than properly screening, FutureStep wasted my and their time.

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

Interview

The initial call by he recruiter was great very enthusiastic and friendly the actual interview in person was just two people uninterested in communication and just asking the scheduled questions on the paper

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get use to a new policy or procedure that wasn't easy what did you do and how   Answer Question

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Interview

They where very nice. We exchanged some jokes. I got the job. They asked scenario questions. I interviewed with two people. I interviewed for a contract position. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It is a contract position.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview with potential on-the-floor supervisor. Though it seems that they are hiring through temp agencies. But, basically, you're just asked a series of situational questions. Then, they will ask why should we hire you and so on..Based of the answers an if you sound like a good fit then, most likely you'll be getting a call. One thing to keep in mind this department wants revenue revenue revenue.

Interview Questions

• Typical call center interview question. Past metrics, past experience, etc...   Answer Question