Cox Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online, took assessment testing, waiting for interview ... waited close to two months for response to application; knowledge test and personality test were straight forward, but final test (a call center simulation) was glitch and surprisingly low-tech for a company as big as cox.

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps. If they choose your resume you will need to take a two part online test that takes about an hour. If you pass the text you will then be asked to have a phone interview. This is where I messed up I replied to the email rather than the email address provided. Needless to say by the time I realized my mistake I had already missed the deadline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very nice. She asked me several questions about my customer service skills and how would handle certain situations. She was professional towards me and felt comfortable talking to her overall it was a nice interview

Interview Questions

• What did I do to help a customer to better there service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview. People were supposed to show up at between certain hours. I was taken into an empty room, and was asked very few questions. After asking me about what state I moved from. After the interviewer said he would contact me and seemed very enthusiastic, but he never did.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so from Utah?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

Interview

two online exams, waited about a week for a call, then one telephone interview about 2 weeks later, followed by a face to face interview the following week. Job offer the following day via telephone.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult customer; and what did you do or say to resolve this situation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my background, And asked how i handled upset customers. I did not have to do a mock phone call and try to sell anything, but everyone that i was in class with told me that they had to do it. And all of them had got the interviewing person to buy what was on the script they they were supposed to talk about and try to sell. But like i said i did not have to do that for my interview.

Interview Questions

• How i handled upset customers.How i got clients interested in buying things they did not already have (even though i was told this was NOT a sales position)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I filled out an application. The interview process was easy. There was a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I got a call a few days later and I was hired. I had five years experience working at another telecommunications company

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone screen and a test to see if how you handled yourself over the phone. Than there was an online test and finally a in person interview. The process happens in about a week or two and went by fast

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions with situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

The application process was all online. I was called in for an interview before a panel of three or four people from different departments and levels of supervision. They took turns asking questions about my history and reasons for seeking employment with Cox. Everyone was very courteous and helpful throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time in my life when I had failed and how I handled it.   Answer Question